Photo

Trend of posts here...

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 zebm1

zebm1

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:30 AM

Bill, after "we retired" to Tampa, FL in 1962, my Dad bought us one of those "Monster AMT Turnpikes" too in 1963. Mine came with two 1963 T-Birds... and of course I had to change one of them to a Stroppe Merc. Only had a B/W photograph. painted it black over white over orange. Took it down to the local slot track emporium... "Hey Zeb!! It's blue over white over red!!" :blush:

And with that I'll find the History Section. Oh BTW daughter's BF...i s a "spirits" salesman, born in America, family from Columbia, and don't know the difference between a combination wrench and an adjustable wrench. Pulled him aside, out of earshot of daughter... "Boy, you're making us men look BAD." :fool: He gave me two bottles of vino from Oz. :good:

Even though I didn't have a control transformer to fix it with. Owns a bigger house than I do. :scratch_one-s_head:

#27 macman

macman

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:56 PM

Freeeblog... never been there, not interested...

Slots rule, I get politics on the radio...
Ben Kernan
8/3/53-4/11/21
Requiescat in Pace

#28 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:55 AM

Hi

Punch and counterpunch.

Marcus, thanks for the kudos. For ME, racing isn't very important. Any car spends more time on the bench than on the track. I LOVE bench time.

I have gotten a lot of flak about motors most times. The collectors make it clear that they disapprove of my "frankenmotor" approach. And the others make a case about using "workalikes" on oldies. Some folks don't want these even mentioned for various reasons. Several race directors have told me to NEVER talk about "sealed" motors.

This leads to the problem that I have no idea how to "save" a program or create one. I admire my friend Paul Sterrett for producing a semi-scratchbuilt class that people would DO. I just hate rules. Motors are fun, at least as much fun as the rest of the car. So, rules involving sealed motors just don't excite me.

I accept the idea of cost and all.

A second problem is that I counterpunch. I don't know what I know, I only realize I know something when someone ASKS. I sort of assume that people know all. Philippe often surprises me with this. So often I have to remember that he talks about things on the tracks that he knows from reading, he was on a different continent after all. And my having seen something, doesn't mean it is known.

The thing is that we all know stuff, but it might be difficult to realize someone else doesn't know until the question is asked.

I come to Slotblog mostly to visit with friends. As irritating as some people find Philippe, I love him like a brother and just delight in watching him get literal.

Todd... My friend Rich has been inviting me as well to come to Oregon as well... regularly. When I go to LA or Denver, I can make an excuse with my tax man that it is business. Unfortunately, I don't work for anyone in Oregon!

Fate

I miss Rocky (and Ron) being on here.

Marcus is right - no one forces you to read any posts. If you don't want to read the political stuff in Freeblog, just don't. That's what I do. I doubt I read 2% of the posts in Freeblog...

If a particular member's posts annoy you, you can block seeing any of that member's posts here:

My Controls -> Options (on LH side of window) -> Manage Ignored Users. Once you add a member to the Ignored Users list, you will never see another post from that member until you remove him from the list.

Regarding the recent complaints about posts in Freeblog, so long as the posts are in the proper forum and otherwise comply with the Slotblog Terms of Use, I am loath to take any action to ban or restrict.

However, Slotblog is first and foremost a slot car racing board and the Freeblog forum is an adjunct, a sideline, to give members a place to discuss subjects not directly concerned with slot racing. I believe any member making the vast majority of his posts in Freeblog concerning non-slot related topics might do well to consider frequenting another board.

There you go... to all those that complain to management. 

I stopped going to Freeblog months ago. It actually made me angry with some of the posts. I did post one last week about Michael Vick, went back to see replies and made one more. As a rule I stay out of there, it's lunacy.

I love to read the posts about slot cars and such. I read all the posts, in all the catagories, too. BUT and this is big BUT, this board is so much better then any other. At least here you read real topics about slot cars and racing, not political slot car $hit...

And then?

I'm truly sorry to hear that. Your motor posts have (for me) been fascinating. Although my own experience overlaps part of yours (in the late '60s - early '70s), your total history and the level of detail you command far exceeds anything I've found anywhere else. As a result, I've purchased some motors that I never experienced the first time around. our posts told me how to set them up, and how they would best be used. I think I've saved virtually every "motor" post of yours that I've read - from the first I found on OWH, and after that on the various other boards where you've posted.

Anybody who has given you "heat" about discussing motors seems, to me, rather short-sighted.

And if this is only about the FK-series motor problems, then I still don't see it. After all, nobody forces them to read what you write, and you've never insisted that anyone has to do things "your way". If ignorance is bliss, they are free to stay dumb and happy
- but don't deprive the rest of us, Rocky!

Yup.

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#29 Zippity

Zippity

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 02:57 PM

An 8 year old thread resurrected - to achieve what? :whistle3:

#30 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

This:

If a particular member's posts annoy you, you can block seeing any of that member's posts here:

My Controls -> Options (on LH side of window) -> Manage Ignored Users. Once you add a member to the Ignored Users list, you will never see another post from that member until you remove him from the list.

And now, Zip... you may have a reason to put 'me' on your list.
Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#31 Zippity

Zippity

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

Ignore Lists are for the weak willed.

I just choose to skip some posters here. 

You are safe. :)

• Gator Bob likes this

#32 jimht

jimht

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 04:50 PM

"Manage Ignored Users" should read "Manage Annoying Users".

• Pappy and Gator Bob like this

Jim Honeycutt

"I don't think I'm ever more 'aware' than I am right after I hit my thumb with a hammer." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

#33 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

"Manage Anointed Users" ?

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#34 Mbloes

Mbloes

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:39 PM

I was ready to ask Greg to move Motorgate and Bodygate over to FB!

Mike Bloes

Electric Dreams Online Shop