#1 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

I thought I'd share this:

While going through a bunch of old family pictures I came across these photographs of early Cleveland Motorcycles. My Grandfather was a Cleveland, Indian and Reading-Standard dealer as well as a race promoter and participant and these pictures and a ton more of vintage SoCal motorcycle pictures will slowly be scanned in. Some more will be coming over time. Just don't hold me to a schedule....

So here goes:

Cleveland Model ML.jpg

Cleveland Bike Model E.jpg

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#2 Michael Rigsby

Michael Rigsby

SRT Motorsports

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:43 AM

Truly innovative motorcycles for their time, and I always marveled at how they had their magneto mounted just ahead of the rear tire.  Shame the market crash killed off the company.  Thanks for the pictures.  Last time I saw one of these was at a museum in south Florida when I was in high school. Though not as flashy as the old Indians, they were very well made for their time.

"... a good and wholesome thing is a little harmless fun in this world; it tones a body up and keeps him human and prevents him from souring." - Mark Twain

#3 DCR

DCR

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

...Iv been following the new Cleveland Cycle works.They sell some low-buck bikes,with Chinese and or parts from India...There cafe racer/retro looking bikes are in the $3000 range,,and I can see a market for them in todays economy.........The companies owner seems to have a dream of building his own bike someday in America,and it would be great if he could pull it off,but who knows?........Thanks Don

http://www.clevelandcyclewerks.com
Don Campbell 
"DCR Slot Cars" on FaceBook

#4 Mark H

Mark H

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

wow! i thought my motorcycle literature and ads where old. thanks for posting!

and ive seen pictues of the cleveland cycle works bikes. the misfit (cafe one i think) looks cool but the goofy cheesy looking inverted forks ruin it for me. if they went with a standard fork it would look way better imo. i believe they have chinese Lifan engines which are actually really good engines (from back in my pit bike scene days).

id rather have a SYM wolf classic 150.

Mark Haas

Electric Dreams Online Shop