• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

***** NOW @ LUCKY BOB,S RACEWAY**** mail order  LANDSHARK products !

Such as the .032 or .025 motor bracket.  Greatly simplifies building a scratchbuilt HO slot car.$17.95

028 (600 x 450).jpg

• George Blaha likes this
Al Thurman
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed, and sold to people you hate." Von Dutch [Kenneth R. Howard] 1929-1992
."If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Pheonix." Dr Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005
"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?" - Jack Kerouac 1927-1969
"Hold my stones". Keith Stone
My link

#2 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

And also Handling Pan kits for Tjet cars.  Build a retro racer like we ran in the glory days of HO racing, $17.95

005 (600 x 450).jpg

Al Thurman
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed, and sold to people you hate." Von Dutch [Kenneth R. Howard] 1929-1992
."If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Pheonix." Dr Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005
"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?" - Jack Kerouac 1927-1969
My link

#3 joegri

joegri

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

just recieved my in-line kit yesterday!!  now that make 2 that i have in the package. now all i have to do is make some time to assemble em and turn some laps with these babies!! thanx al for a cool kit for an aspiring scrath builder! 

• Pat McGee likes this

Joe Gould

#4 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Thanks for the kind words Joe. 

After the HOPRA Nats @ Modelville in the Boston area they plan to finish the restoration of the 1972 Parma track. We can not wait to run these cars on that track. Expect a major event there next year.

Check out the Racers Swap Shop for some of my ready to run cars to help you build.  Make the WB 1.5 inch and use .032 wire.

Oh look I do have a pic on this computer.

005 (600 x 450).jpg

Help the unemployed!  Check out the LANDSHARK  thread in the Racer Swap Shop.

Al Thurman
My link

#5 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

And a chassis jig from RGeo is a big help. Last I heard he had one left.

Al Thurman
My link

#6 Darkron9

Darkron9

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hi Al,

Been trying to message you on slotblog as well as yahoo mail to tell you that I was finally able to purchase one of your Landshark sidewinders. I bought mine through Lucky Bob's.

Really impressed as it drives like a 24th scale car on my door track. Thank you so much for all the development time you put in on this gem.

Next on my wish list an inline like the one in the photo above.

Ron
"What happened?"
"He was leaning to the left so I gave him a right..."

-Tim Thomerson from the movie "War Wolves"

Ron Kiyomura - Otoko wa tsurai yo

#7 joegri

joegri

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

got my first landshark almost assembled and have run into a few bumps in the road. first when i was assembling the front tire assembly one of the rims went flyin across my bench! i heard it  hit twice in two different places i tore my bench apart lookin for it but, it went to that place where we all have...lost in space! so i,ve been tryin different wheels on the front. but mostly my situation that needs help is the rear. seems my rails on my routed trak seem a lil bit too tall in some places and the rear hits so i need some taller rear rim/tire combo. somewhere around .490 so the chassis wont hit. i do have some slade b,s doughnuts that i,m gonna make some rears and i did email slade for some of his nice one,s but i hav,nt heard back yet. i know it,s gonna go but i keep hitting little snags along the way. so in the mean time i,m gonna push away from the bench for a bit n cut the grass and work on some of the other projects round here. besides it,s so nice outside i dont like spending time in the slotcave when its this time of year! guess i,m stuck in neutral for the moment. i,ll post some pics just have to learn how to resize them. thanx for reading my rant!

"don,t look back they might be gainin on ya"   joe g

Joe Gould

#8 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:02 PM

A new anglewinder

002 (600 x 450).jpg

• EdC likes this
Al Thurman
My link

#9 SlotStox#53

SlotStox#53

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,704 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

Neat looking HO anglewinder Al :D

Electric Dreams Online Shop