2 replies to this topic

#1 CruzinBob

CruzinBob

Track Owner, Builder, Mobile Track Master

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Once a month I invite the ARIZONA GARAGE RACERS to WHEELS for a nite of racing what they'd like.  They have a bazillion classes developed over about 10 years but da Mayor Dave Deuble has started refining and defining the groups much of late :)

The crew surprised me last night!  What a whopper of a turnout!  15 entries and how many loaners?!  Thx Dave, Scott and others who loaned out cars to some capable hands.  I was so happy to see and race with Greg and Pete.

AZGR @ WHEELS March 2013 009.jpg

Had to have some pics of Big Jim Armstrongs corral of cars. He has taken some Champion Legends bodies I had made in 040, cut them up for modifieds and they look awesome!  And they will last, better than a model body!

AZGR @ WHEELS March 2013 002.jpg

AZGR @ WHEELS March 2013 004.jpg

The track is run dry  and we ran these races at 11 volts.

For the first race we ran Sidewinder Classic (formerly Fly Classic) and most were original Fly's modified with Super Wheels/tires and running gear, NINCO spring guide.  Non mag since the BB King has copper braid.  With some urging Dave is experimenting with allowing the NSR P68's in.  They're winning ;)  In the hands of very experienced drivers however!

AZGR @ WHEELS March 2013 007.jpg

Dave won the Classic Sidewinder by about half lap I think.  It was just really awesome racing!

AZGR @ WHEELS March 2013 011.jpg

AZGR @ WHEELS March 2013 012.jpg

A couple racers left at 8 PM and we started race 2, 1/24 Scale H&R Model Kit Sports Cars.  Spec BRM S-032 motor, true scale tires and silicone rears.  There were 2 BRM Porsches in the mix - Don and Mike.

AZGR @ WHEELS March 2013 013.jpg

AZGR @ WHEELS March 2013 016.jpg

I hope you all had as good time as me cuz I was grinnin from ear to ear :)

There were a bunch of ties and they're not in proper order on the pics.

Bob Scott
Cruzin' Mobile Slot Car Racing

Men can heal the lustful. Angels can heal the malicious. Only God can heal the proud. - St. John Climacus

#2 Dayble

Dayble

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

The AZGR Sidewinder and H&R Sportscar class formulas are two of our most popular out of the admitted "bazillion" classes we run.

But the big draw at Wheels is you and the amazing mid size "Baby Blue King" ( or BB King ) track you've built. Other than Steve Hill's "Cherry Hills" hillclimb I think this is your best effort yet. Smooth and...treacherous. BRAVO!!!

90d2a551-abe9-477d-a6eb-987efe293b7d_zps

Dave Deuble

AZGR One

I'd rather be racing!

#3 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

Nice turnout Bob!!! Great to see!! I love that little hot rod of Jim's!!!

She's real fine, my 409!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop