• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#26 Noose

Noose

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,364 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

Katz is right. He has been running that car on ovals, kings and hill climbs all ver successfully
  • George Blaha likes this

Joe "Noose" Neumeister
Sometimes known as a serial despoiler of the clear purity of virgin Lexan bodies. Lexan is my canvas!
Noose Custom Painting - Since 1967
Chairman - IRRA® Body Committee - Roving IRRA® Tech Dude - "EVIL BUCKS Painter"

"Team Evil Bucks" Racer - 2016 Caribbean Retro Overall Champion
The only thing bad about Retro is admitting that you remember doing it originally.

#27 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

hey john pavlick,

Build it like Mike The Katz suggested and refine it for your particular track. His chassis are very tuneable........his stockers are the envy of many of IRRAtm retro stock car drivers. Follow the IRRAtm rules from the website and you'll be selling moonshine real soon.

George Shakey Blaha

P.S. Enjoying the tuning process as it makes the retro stock car racing fun!

#28 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:23 AM

hey ya awl,

I got to see Port Jefferson last night and it is some real sweet potato(e) of a King track.Doug and the crew are preparing for the IRRAtm Retro Easttm hoedown this

Saturday.

Even got to try my IRRAtm Retro Stock Cars.......the were faster than Junior Johnson making a late nite delivery with a tail wind! Can't wait till we rub colors

here.....unfortunately Retro Stock Cars are not this week.

George Shakey Blaha

• Joe Mig likes this

#29 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

hey Slots-a Lot WEDNESDAY IRRAtm RETRO STOCK CAR Racers,

Ran 7 to 28 gearing for the King...could have gone with a 6 to 27 .....track used spay glue but was slick for a while.

Michelle, thank you for running the race and the running commentaries. Cody Alexander and Nicky worked hard to marshal the debris hulks into the most appropriate lane by the indicated sticker on the IRRAtm Retro Stock Car. I had " not good moonshiners luck " on black lane (in the bagel {doughnut} ) hit an adversary stocker on multiple occasions till the Chinese 4002 engine shifted and the rear axel bearings and gears gave up their lives. Resuscitative  work was needed to be completed before reentry into the swine infested stocker race. I'll be back soon to avenge the mechanical damage incurred on my car by the most unscrupulous drivers on the east or west coasts and all states in between!

Snidely Whiplash    

aka Shakey 

P.S. Thanks for a great time......next time it is MY TURN!

#30 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

"Bagel.... what's a Bagel"

I might trade my tm for a dozen real water ones, we only have Donuts here. No onions... or everything.

Triple Drat on those shifty Chinese take out(s)

• Joe Mig likes this
Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#31 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

hey gator bob,

Cool car-tunes.....the IRRAtm Retro Stockers are STILL whale-ing at Slots-a-Lot. No (k)new bodies as of yhet. Crashed and burned real bad Wednesday so it will need some new plumbing to carry its load.

Portly Jeff this weekend is the retro venue.

Shakey

#32 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Check this body out :shok:  :D

http://slotblog.net/...er/#entry497023

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#33 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Yeah Gator bob!,

Great possible IRRAtm Retro Stock Car Body!

yeah, I saw it the other day and I was with hope that others would notice and that there is a similar vintage monte and matador on the same blog . If only I could influence the Board of Directors to persue a manufacturer or find the demand for such lovely iron trash ladies so maybe we can get some variety to our alky-haulers!

George

#34 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Divine Simplicity isn't it.... :D

All bodies (and posts) Must be Approved by Bod :shok:

"Does not the mountain need the storm?" ^_^

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#35 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

hey ya all,

Another great Retro Stock Car race last night at Slots-A-Lot and we all used the official rag and IRRAtm Tire Cleaner on a less than grippy Kingleman track surface. There were 8 drivers and 3 Ghosts from "the choir" so we had fast cars and even better marshaling. The first four alky-haulers were separated by less than four laps and the totals were the highest 8 average since the conception of the Retro Stock Car Class nearly a year ago. There was less than 35 laps between the top 'pro' and the last 'am' so the 'ams' are where the 'pros' were last year. The revanouers have been fighting a loosing war lately so three cheers to the AMERICAN Retro Stock Car drivers! 

George Shakey Blaha

P.S. Youze guys found out the Mighty Joe Mig Retro Stocker 'secret tire prep'.....1 part lox oil, 1 part Preparation H, 1 part Ben Gay, 1 part glycerin, 1 part STP, 1 part Lubriplate, 1 part WD40, 1 part Marvel Mystery Oil, 1 part oil of wintergreen and 3 garlic cloves.

P.P.S. Where is all my retro stock car buddies to help me and sam find the molds and/or the bodies to expand the stock car list to ALL American Stock Cars manufactured/raced during the legal years currently listed by the IRRAtm?

#36 John Streisguth

John Streisguth

Johnny VW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

What other bodies could be made?  We already have Chevy, Ford, Mercury and Dodge from 1968-69..  From everything I have seen, that's all there was, except maybe a back-marker Pontiac.  What else is there?

"Whatever..."

#37 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

If your dead ask stuck on 1966-1969. Which of course might be too limiting.

Coronet

Road Runner

Fury

Belvedere  

Galaxy 500

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#38 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

hey guys,

thanks for the suggestions. It appears Nascar and Usac both allowed older race cars to compete in their grand national events. And yes there were plenty of Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles in competition in 1965 (where the fullsize Chevy and the Malibu IRRAtm approved bodies fit nicely but they need some company). Who makes some like year  or would like to make vac formed lightweight Stockcar bodies for the IRRA BOD to examine? 

Shakey

#39 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:58 PM

And ARCA too.

The ones that I have contacted in this regard are not pulling Lexan only PETG. 

Credit to Hugh "Rusty Pinion" on some 'other' cars.

http://slotblog.net/...ls/#entry499158

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#40 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:23 PM

hey ya all,

Race IRRAtm Retro Stockers this week on Wednesday August 28 2013 on the SLOTS-A-LOT King. Get ready for Retro Stockers at Hudson Valley September 21. Times on both tracks are similar but each has it's limits. Learn to stay on the track better by increasing your practice time with Long Islands faster drivers. 

Shakey George and the Choir

#41 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:34 PM

I'll be at Slots-a-Lot tonight.......be here or be no-where!

Shakey George

P.S. "Let It Be"

#42 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:20 AM

hey ya all,

It was a real close IRRAtm Retro Stocker race last night at Slots-A-Lot Raceway on the King. From last to first was less than 38 laps and there were fewer track calls that made a low power King into the Autoban! Auto setup has become the winning factor.The "pro class" laps were between 233 and 246 laps (a new high for me of 238....could have been more) and in the "amature class" laps were between 208 and 228......what fast amatures.Those that missed this event are out of luck and are "could have beens".

Shakey George

P.S. Get your IRRAtm Retro Stockers ready for the RETRO EASTtm extravaganza  on September 21 at Hudson Valley Raceway on the KING! The food is real good at HVR so be prepared for a few oldsters having a sleepy final.

#43 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

hey dudes and duddettes,

IRRAtm Retro Stockers on the King Track at Hudson Valley Raceway on Saturday September 21 run by Retro Easttm. See you all there or be square.

Shakey George

#44 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

hey ya all,

It  seems that the SAL Raceway poster is on strike along with the Mickey D employees for the racing results September 4, 2013. Cueball Gene, Pat the Cat, and Shakey George were the podium snatchers this week on the Kingleman. The race supporters need better treatment than this. 

George Shakey Blaha

#45 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

well ya all,

The start of a new semester, Memories of 911, the newest and latest global war, crazy high heat, and the worst traffic alert day in 10 years could not stop the greatest little slot car race in New York City. 

Another podium finish for : LiL Time Kenny, Shakey George, and Sam I Am. Artie HANDS and Wingman Sean brought up a real tight IRRAtm Retro Stock Car formation. Mighty Joe Mig ran the race and filled the raceway with live entertainment

and descriptive commentaries. Sorry no pictures as I am only a fill in and I was not prepared for the Polaroid moment.  

Shakey George

P.S. We will be on the King again on September 18 to prepare for Retro Easttm Race at Hudson Valley Raceway on September 21. Come Set your Stock Car up and yourself for A Main status!

P.P.S. Matt, Ray, Roger, Noose, Johnny VW, ED-SOUL and the Choir should all be glad LiL Time Kenny will not be allowed out to attend HVR on Sept 21. But beware...the CAT and the Cueball will attend.

• Joe Mig likes this

#46 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

hey ya all......did you hear the good news,

IRRAtm Retro Stockers to be included the Retro Palooza in the spring......sounds real good to all us alky-haulers! Thanks to the fermentation gods.

Shakey George

P.S. Wonder if the NEW Fk motor will be the engine of choice for these Heavy Tanks?

#47 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

hey ya all,

Great IRRAtm Retro Easttm this past weekend at Hudson Valley Raceway and 2 of us from Slots-A-Lot podiumed the b main! Mike Katz (HVR), Shakey George Blaha (SAL), and the Smoke Mark (SAL) ran up some lap totals that could place them in the a main. Mighty Joe Mig and NY Nick rounded out the foursome from Slots-A-Lot. The Stockcars are becoming the most fun vehicles to compete with and the tightest group of drivers for commeradarie. Thanks ya all for the race this past Saturday.

Shakey George

• Gator Bob likes this

#48 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

hey ya all and all members of the choir,

The next Retro Stock Car Race in the Retro Easttm Program at Fast Tracks on December 14. Do not be afraid of the BIG BOYS.......this is the one class the medium guyZ(and dollZ) can get some points and rubbing fenders can take on a new feeling! These guyZ are getting older by the minute (it's NOOSES BIRTHDAY today) and their wheelchairs do not get any faster even with Trinity Juice. Let's get the whole IRRAtm Tabernacle choir here and sing

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vpuw49r1dYU Rapid Roy the Stock Car Boy (Jim Croce).

Shakey George Blaha

The Retro Stock Car Promoter

#49 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

Some words are interchangeable - some are not.

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#50 George Blaha

George Blaha

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Hey ya all,

IRRA™ Retro Stock Car - October 2, 2013, Slots-A-Lot Raceway

Cueball Gene tried to 8 ball Pat the Cat but Pat licked his wiskers to a first place podium finish and Gene had to settle for second on the King. Shakey George finished third in spite of a yellow fever attack of hidden alky-haulers under the bridge. Smoken Mark (4th) put on a great show but suffered from Smoke Stewart empathy. Samiam Sam (5th) turned some of the fastest times of the night on the worst lanes. Casey Jones had the Blues on blue lane and visited the bank  more than any car could take. He came back later in the race (6) and shoved Hands Arthur back to 7th. Wingman Sean took a stand and left in disgust on a unannounced rule change (no marshal in the 90* and no track call for under the bridge....it totaled his new body AND created an argument between the racers......if you are going to change a house rule you must announce it BEFORE the race so choir members can make a decision.......It surprised me also and my old body after wrecking in the first heat on yellow, was taped back to some semblance of order.). Sorry Sean, we'll talk to Kenny about rule change announcements in the future. I've got too much at stake for the group of IRRAtm Long Island Retro Drivers.

Shakey George Blaha

Electric Dreams Online Shop