28 replies to this topic

#26 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,837 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

Cool! Let me know how long the battery lasts and how good the power is.

Battery lasts VERY well.  And it's got GREAT power!! I only use it at level 3 most of the time!! Very nice tool for the money--with a base charger AND extra battery--this baby ROCKS!! :)

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#27 Jason Holmes

Jason Holmes

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

Jim

I have a Model 395 still in the box been used 4 or 5 time great for a bench tool just don't like it for travel if you need it its yours let me know will bring it to the race next weekend

Jason

#28 Jim Lange

Jim Lange

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

Jim

I have a Model 395 still in the box been used 4 or 5 time great for a bench tool just don't like it for travel if you need it its yours let me know will bring it to the race next weekend

Jason

Thanks Jason, but I ended up ordering a replacement motor/bearing assembly from Dremel. I really like the cordless model I have. Unfortunately the bearing is the weak link, but as much abuse I give it ... I can't complain. See you next week. Jim

#29 John Streisguth

John Streisguth

Johnny VW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,638 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

I love my Proxxon's! BUT I would NEVER use one to hone my magnets! For that task I use my Makita 18v Cordless drill on the slow setting while under the running faucet being careful to keep the drill chuck dry. The rotary tools just don't have enough grunt to hone magents IMHO, plus they turn too fast even at the slowest setting.

I have the Micromot 50 and the IBE and love both of them. They are so smoooth! The Micromot is powered with my power supply.

Good idea for the running water, as samarium cobalt powder is pyrophoric.  You may even want to do it in a bucket of water so the powder doesn't accumulate in your drain pipes, especially if they are old style copper or cast iron....if someone ever needs to put a torch to your drain pipes, you could have a real problem.

"Whatever..."

Electric Dreams Online Shop