47 replies to this topic

#26 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Life was simpler when we ran a disposable Falcon 7.  It made the motor rule very, very easy.

BTW .... And, I'm not saying that it was the first time "ever' ..... but the first car that I ever saw with a Falcon 7 in a wing chassis in Florida was Mike Rigsby's at the now-defunct Phoenix Raceway a few weeks before and then demo-ed at the old Florida Retro Racing event in Jacksonville

No matter where it started, it's a fun class and should be kept as simple as possible.

Rollin Isbell

#27 Michael Rigsby

Michael Rigsby

SRT Motorsports

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

This was the first of the "Group F" or Falcon wing cars that I built up, and it was one of three that was demo'd at that race. Anyone and everyone who wanted to could drive one of the cars as I was trying to sell the class to anyone who was interested.  I also did this at one of the other state races that year.  I had called one of the raceways in the NE that was just starting to run the class and got their guidelines and built up cars from that, lending them to run to anyone that wanted to.  When Phoenix closed down, there were enough racers who had them built that we could have run a race.

The chassis is an Ace Carlos..and I wish I handn't sold it.  It would run rock steady 4.11's all day long with a Falcon 7.  It was bone stock, nothing fancy, which is the way the class should be kept.

BTW...Marty Stanley was one of the drivers who drove the car that day, and he loved it. Toward the end of that day, all three cars were put on the track in different lanes, and an impromptu one heat race was held.  I know Austin was driving one of the cars, and I have a hard time remembering who drove the other two.  I want to say Richard from KillerX was driving one, but I can't find the web site where I had the movie files stored from that day.  Wish I could, and the whooping and hollering from the racers and the guys watching was like watching a mess of little kids.

100_0630.jpg

"... a good and wholesome thing is a little harmless fun in this world; it tones a body up and keeps him human and prevents him from souring." - Mark Twain

#28 Danny Zona

Danny Zona

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

This is the exact scenario of why we never attached the conflict of petty rules to the class when Marty & I started the class here in FLORIDA.You guys had to add rules and now your having to waste time with all of this conflictCongrats!Kenny

To funny. This is coming from the person who changed rules on classes every other week! We see how that worked out.
CONGRATS! Lol
  • Michael Rigsby and Mike Henry like this
Test, test, test and go test some more.
You're never fast enough!!! 💯

Preparation leads to separation.

Success is never owned but rented and rent is due everyday.

KELLY RACING 😎

#29 ASR IndoorMotorSports

ASR IndoorMotorSports

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Funny it is......

-----------------------
Kenny Holton

"Haters are always gonna hate!"

#30 Michael Rigsby

Michael Rigsby

SRT Motorsports

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

To funny. This is coming from the person who changed rules on classes every other week! We see how that worked out.
CONGRATS! Lol

You got that right, Danny.

Guess that's why Johnny and Rollin are successful enough to have their races every Wednesday and Saturday because they adopted the My Series rules and stick with them. Everyone knows what's legal and what is not, and the only time there is an issue at the tech table is if someone has tires that are too small. If it's not in the rules, Johnny or Rollin will tell us and that's that, make it legal or put it in the box.

Adopt a set of rules, stick by them, don't change them, and you will have more racers and happier racers...period.

Since I don't do Facebook or social media sites, I'll get Rollin to print me off a copy of what is up on the Raceway.biz Facebook site so I can compare it to the My Series written rules that were done at the first of the year. I am really curious as to what was changed to where the other track owners didn't know about it, if anything.  The rules on theraceway.biz web site are just vague rules that don't even mention the can bushings, or endbell hardware.

• Danny Zona likes this

"... a good and wholesome thing is a little harmless fun in this world; it tones a body up and keeps him human and prevents him from souring." - Mark Twain

#31 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

I'm not on Facebook and miss out on a lot ....

I get Bill's weekly emails Chris. Didn't see an attachment of the rules .pdf/.doc etc. .. mostly pictures. I just got interested in this class... that's why I asked about rules.

I would think if all the Fl. tracks ran the same rule set it would be helpful to the hobby. Stupid me ... thought they all did.

My email - toyon80167@mypacks.net

I don't know who is large and in charge of MySeries but they need to get a more cohesive plan and a way to communicate it.

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#32 ASR IndoorMotorSports

ASR IndoorMotorSports

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

Bob, your time would be better spent reaching out to each track owner and hearing from the horses mouth. (edited)

Haters gotta hate! "PDiddy"

-----------------------
Kenny Holton

#33 Jeff Cox

Jeff Cox

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:32 PM

What was the original question for this thread?

There is a time and a place for blame, but it is pretty evident here why the number of racers seems to be steadily getting smaller.

#34 Dave Reed

Dave Reed

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

It's the same problem it has always been Jeff...It's the question of who is in charge and the problem of floating rules..

#35 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Though I have in the past  ... This time I wasn't trying to start a riot. :clapping:

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#36 Wizard Of Iz

Wizard Of Iz

Slot Parrothead

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

I'm not on Facebook and miss out on a lot ....

I get Bill's weekly emails Chris. Didn't see an attachment of the rules .pdf/.doc etc. .. mostly pictures. I just got interested in this class... that's why I asked about rules.

I would think if all the Fl. tracks ran the same rule set it would be helpful to the hobby. Stupid me ... thought they all did.

My email - toyon80167@mypacks.net

I don't know who is large and in charge of MySeries but they need to get a more cohesive plan and a way to communicate it.

Bob,

Check your e-mail.

I'm not sure that Facebook would help you much with the Series guidelines since the Series doesn't have a page.  I'm pretty sure that Mike is talking about the GRRR/IRRA™ motor refurbishing discussion that's taking place on this board and on Facebook.

Regarding common rules ...... Well ..... back in 2007 when My Series was started, the rules came from what the member tracks at that time (The Race Place in Holly Hill, Slot Car Speedway in Jacksonville, Lightning Raceway in Hudson and Dave's Motorsports in Crystal River) were running and mimicked a class or two from the old Florida Division II series.  The idea was (and is) that if the series classes and the track classes are the same, then it's easier for more people to participate than if they have to build different cars for the Series.  Again, I fully understand that individual track owners HAVE to do what they believe is best for their raceway.  Just because running the Series classes has served us well in Jacksonville does not mean it will work for everyone.  Although, I believe that a common set of rules - even a class or two - makes it easier for racers to participate at multiple tracks because they know that their car is legal.  Track owners are almost always going to run what the racers are willing to spend their hard-earned money on .... so if enough people put their money where their mouth is, I'm willing to bet the track owner will find a spot on the schedule to run the class.

BTW ..... there is no one person in charge of My Series.  Every year, the participating track owners ask for input from the racers through a Competition Committee and then decide upon any changes from one season to the next.  I then revise the guidelines and e-mail them to the track owners to share with their racers.  I also send the rules to every racer who asks for them.  And, yes, the rules are supposed to be posted on the My Series website which --- as I mentioned a number of posts back --- is in need of updating and I've talked to the admin about doing so.

Thankfully, the Series is blessed with guys like Jeff Cox who volunteers to handle the tech duties at almost every race and Doc Dougherty who stepped up to handle maintaining the points this year because neither Bill, nor Greg, nor Marcus, nor Johnny nor I have the time to do everything.  

• Danny Zona likes this

Rollin Isbell

#37 ASR IndoorMotorSports

ASR IndoorMotorSports

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

Perhaps you throw a Turn Marshall race and see if any racers show up??

-----------------------
Kenny Holton

#38 Danny Zona

Danny Zona

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

Perhaps you throw a Turn Marshall race and see if any racers show up??

Wow... great suggestion. NOT. Keep doing what you do best. Haters are gonna hate and your damn good at it.
  • Mike Henry likes this

KELLY RACING 😎

#39 Michael Rigsby

Michael Rigsby

SRT Motorsports

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Rollin,

No, I was referring to a statement made that Bill may have the Group F rules up on The Raceway.biz's Facebook page. That was what I was wanting to check out, to see if they were posted up there for some reason. If he didn't or hasn't, that's fine and dandy, that means the official rules are the ones that were printed at the beginning of the year with no changes ( or at least no changes that didn't get to the racers). As far as the IRRA motor thing, that is something I hope they get worked out and a totally different issue.

#40 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

It's confusing to me.

Way too long of a story to post here and some (posting and non-posting) readers will only get pissed off.

Rollin I got the email and thanks for the history of the series posted here.

When do the 2014 'Guidelines' come out?

I'll (re-) build with what I have and try to make the next race.

Are 64 pitch Metal gears legal in the series?

I'll call and ask Bill if they are legal in the monthly races at his place. I understand "that individual track owners HAVE to do what they believe is best for their raceway" ... but.... I don't like getting called out when I show up and racers say "That's not legal, MySeries rules say that's not legal"

So ... if each track has it's Own rules .... Then POST THEM and give a dated copy to your racers.

'Guidelines' and "Rules" are two different things !

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#41 ASR IndoorMotorSports

ASR IndoorMotorSports

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

A great man once said that "2% make 90% of the noise!"

Mr Zona, you should be happy being part of that exclusive 2% club and don't bother with trying to impress others with your cleverly sharp imbecile stylings of being that Internet tough guy. I don't know who, what or why I am suddenly so fortunate to be on your list of targets, but you truly need to stay on your own level since I refused to lower myself to such.

K

-----------------------
Kenny Holton

#42 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 14,317 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

So ... if each track has it's Own rules .... Then POST THEM and give a dated copy to your racers.

'Guidelines' and "Rules" are two different things !

If it's a race series that runs at different raceways, each raceway shouldn't have their own rules.

Locally, metal gears were outlawed about ten years ago when we still had raceways in the area.

Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#43 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

A great man once said that "2% make 90% of the noise!"

Kenny.... I'm in the 2% noisemaker** club :clapping:  ... would that make me exclusive?   :sun_bespectacled:  <......... :sarcastic_hand:

**Vibe addict in da house. :dance3:

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#44 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

Locally, metal gears were outlawed about ten years ago when we still had raceways in the area.

See what happens... and now you have no tracks to scratch up.

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#45 ASR IndoorMotorSports

ASR IndoorMotorSports

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Very!!!

• zipper and Gator Bob like this

-----------------------
Kenny Holton

#46 Danny Zona

Danny Zona

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:54 PM

A great man once said that "2% make 90% of the noise!"Mr Zona, you should be happy being part of that exclusive 2% club and don't bother with trying to impress others with your cleverly sharp imbecile stylings of being that Internet tough guy. I don't know who, what or why I am suddenly so fortunate to be on your list of targets, but you truly need to stay on your own level since I refused to lower myself to such.K

To funny. Everything I type on this blog I would gladly say in person. Always have, always will! Maybe if you did the same we would see you at races and you would still be hosting races. But since that is not happening why even make comments that are not your concern? Oh that's right, you always did know everything buddy. What a joke!
Hopefully, maybe both of us can learn from past mistakes. Good luck to you Kenny.
  • Mike Henry likes this

KELLY RACING 😎

#47 ASR IndoorMotorSports

ASR IndoorMotorSports

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:14 PM

You just don't get it do you....

You've been in this hobby for so long and have been quite successful at it that you should try to be an ambassador instead of acting like some online inbred wannabe thug. 

You and other like are you are 100% of the problem with this hobby and always will be.  Let the track owners run their own tracks and if you don't agree then don't participate.  

You make yourself out to be the *** here, and I've contributed nothing to that and yet you bend the conversation to the level of a imposed physical confrontation.

You're the true joke here.....

-----------------------
Kenny Holton

#48 MSwiss

MSwiss

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • 25,623 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

I think you guys have had enough "fun" in this thread.

Time to lock her up.
  • ASR IndoorMotorSports likes this

Mike Swiss

Inventor of the Low CG guide flag 4/20/18
IRRA® Components Committee Chairman
Five-time USRA National Champion (two G7, one G27, two G7 Senior)
Two-time G7 World Champion (1988, 1990), eight G7 main appearances
Eight-time G7 King track single lap world record holder

17B West Ogden Ave., Westmont, IL 60559, (708) 203-8003, mikeswiss86@hotmail.com (also my PayPal address)

Note: Send all USPS packages and mail to: 692 Citadel Drive, Westmont, Illinois 60559

Electric Dreams Online Shop