• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,284 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Champion of Chamblee obtained the NCC (National Competition Committee) Group-20 chassis contract in 1969 and had their contact in Japan produced the chassis. They were not what the racers truly wanted and were relatively fragile because made of a soft material prone to bending.
Nevertheless they sold well for a while. In 1972, the M.A.C. bodies were all the rage and Champion purchased theirs directly from M.A.C. in Costa Mesa, CA. The racer below is typical of a factory built RTR in the day. Unfortunately the motor had the dreadful endbell with the brass plate holding the bearing, and the motors had a bad tendency to part with the chassis under rather mild impacts, as there was not enough material for the self-taping screws to hold on.

ch163_1.jpg

Please Visit the LASCM to see more detailed pictures.    :)

• Peter Horvath, Gator Bob and Superbird like this

Philippe de Lespinay

#2 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

I thought I posted here?

Just love these cars. :heart:

Dokk,

Can we see the top side of the body?

Does anyone re-pop this body?

Does any have or re-make the those shape number sets?

Did these cars also come with the short(er) brass pinion?

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#3 Jairus

Jairus

Body Painter Extraordinaire

• Subscriber
  • 10,174 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

The Body Bob, is a Ferrari 512m and Electric Dreams has it available and in stock.

Jairus H Watson - Artist
Need something painted, soldered, carved, or killed? - jairuswtsn@aol.com

www.slotcarsmag.com

www.jairuswatson.net
http://www.ratholecustoms.com
Check out some of the cool stuff on my Fotki!

#4 Hworth08

Hworth08

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:28 AM

We thought maybe that by trying to make the frame so the motor could be mounted either clock or counter clock resulted in a frame that was weak. They were a problem and the rules didn't allow strengthening the frame.

The el cheapo 8.88, Golden Boot, Lee Gilberts... frames that followed were light, simple and tough. With downforce the cars were whizzing then.

Don Hollingsworth
11/6/54-2/13/18
Requiescat in Pace

#5 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:46 AM

Just picked up one of these chassis in an ebay lot. Should I leave it endbell drive or change to can drive? 

Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
    Robert Mueller, special counsel (2013)

"... because people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook."
    Richard M .Nixon, Nov 17, 1973

"Fool me once, same on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."
    George W. Bush

#6 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:39 AM

The Body Bob, is a Ferrari 512m and Electric Dreams has it available and in stock.

Thanks Jairus, It is listed in the title as a 612, The 512M coupe is what I had on mine and would like to get.

Here is the 612 open cockpit Dynamic .. totally different.  The MAC 612 listed looks to be different in the engine cover area. than the one shown above.

This is the 512M that I ran but the text in the description says 512S. Regardless .. that is the one.  Thanks for steering me to it!  

We thought maybe that by trying to make the frame so the motor could be mounted either clock or counter clock resulted in a frame that was weak. They were a problem and the rules didn't allow strengthening the frame.

The el cheapo 8.88, Golden Boot, Lee Gilberts... frames that followed were light, simple and tough. With downforce the cars were whizzing then.

I think the center held up fine with the 2 way mount option but it was the front of the pans that needed bracing.

My next chassis was the tonyp 1/16 'L' front $10.

Just picked up one of these chassis in an ebay lot. Should I leave it endbell drive or change to can drive? 

Sam, It basically just depends on what motor you would like to run. Build up a Mura C can with that Sportsman arm you have, install the mount can drive and you will have a very nice runner.

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

Electric Dreams Online Shop