• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

If anyone has a photo of a once in a lifetime moment concerning our hobby, post it here. Many of us are getting old (very old) and the best moments of our slot car lives are mostly memories of the golden era of slot car racing. 

Here's a photo which I think is priceless as it shows some of the biggest legends of the '60s racing alongside Roger Schmitt who met most of them for the first time at the 2009 Inaugural Checkpoint Cup at Buena Park Raceway.

"Sano" Dave Fiedler was trying to persuade Roger to let him take his place in this Can-Am heat, but Roger wasn't about to let this once in a lifetime moment get away.

P1050512_l.jpg

L-R, Pete Zimmerman, John Cukras, Roger, Howie Ursaner, Terry Schmid. Not in the picture on the red lane was none other than Philippe de Lespinay.

Keith :)

• endbelldrive, usadar and Gator Bob like this

Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

#2 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:05 AM

Keith,

I don't know if this fits the bill of a once in lifetime moment but certainly a laugh!

From the recent Parma Checkpoint at BPR... shows Tokyo racers Omi and Kamo catching a few ZZZs!! When I took the picture I had no idea you and Haruki were in the background!!

P1040817.JPG

I don't think I have many good action photos but I'll check. I'm sure our friend Nesta would have a full album of them.

Electric Dreams Online Shop