• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

By popular demand and in preparation for the Zimmerman "Festival of Speed" on April 26th and 27th, the SCRRA 2nd Saturday Flat track race on April 12th has been moved to the KING track.  All the usual times and schedules with F1 tech at 10AM followed by lunch and Can Am.

This will be the last race that zapped magnet motors will be allowed.  At the Zimmerman, which is a non handout motor race, the SCRRA will do some random motor checks as we've tested hundreds of stock motors and have some consistent numbers to compare everything to.  Bring your zapped motors out next week and then put 'em away!!  :)

#2 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:19 PM

Looks like I'll have to make this "tune up" race!! I'll have to get my cars and motors ready for the "Pete"!! :victory:  I think I'm ready!! Gotta "channel some Pete" for some FAST motors!!! :clapping:  I remember once when he was TQ :good: ---and BITCHING about not enough horsepower!!!!  :shok:  :laugh2:

Picked up 4 "parking lot" motors today for the "Pete"!!  Now just gotta beak them in--and decide which ones will work for the race --- tuning on the 12th!!  Got the cars ready---now just the final tuning for conditions and then let er rip!! Looking forward to getting back on the track after months of knee rehab!!  Let's race!!! :)

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#3 A Reeder

A Reeder

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

On my way Thursday afternoon. 389 miles one way !

24 minutes of racing! If I don't brake my car...... 

Allan Reeder

#4 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:53 PM

On my way Thursday afternoon. 389 miles one way !

24 minutes of racing! If I don't brake my car...... 

it is now Thursday afternoon.............Allan, have a safe trip!!!

Tim, it's great to see you getting back on your feet. See you Saturday!

#5 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Come on out everyone, it is the last time you can race your ZAPPED motors, so bust out the best and have a great time with all of us on the Wicked Fast Buena Park King, Fastest King In So Cal !!!!   

So sorry that many people do not read our postings very closely here, as I offered FREE tire preservative at the extra warm up race last month, and only 3 people took advantage of the offer...Oh Well, come on out, support Buena Park Raceway and buy those parts before the Zimmerman Festival of Speed ....

Mill Conroy

AKA : TWO LAP CONROY, Anointed Trigger Monkey by Mike Swiss

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

Second Most Interesting Man in the World.

#6 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:29 PM

I'll be there Sat to pick-up a few items. If the old sled has some life in it, just might race. Picking up a motor or two and some tires for the"Pete". Can't wait to get back on the flat track tho. Got a new Coupe I want to race in the Western Summer Classic. See ya Sat.

Tom Eatherly

#7 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

Well it was fun to see my buddies down at the race today!! Didn't race as my knee is not up to it yet!!! I'll deal with it in two weeks!! Did get some testing in though--both Can Am cars are working good--retro pro is smooth--just need some more horsepower---and the F-1 cars are smooth!!! Alan Reeder ended up with one of them as his race car---enjoy Alan!!  MAN---it's gonna be a FAST race!!! A couple of guys ran 4.0's today!!! I' struggling to see 4.2's---so I'll be checking out some more motors!!! Gonna get my Alpha WW tires ready too!!! Seem to be the ticket!!  Come on down to the "Pete" in two weeks!!! :)

#8 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:10 AM

Good to see you back Tim.  Remember to pace yourself and stay well.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#9 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 11:23 AM

The Zimmerman warm up yesterday had Gary Donahoe as the winner in both classes, F1 and Can Am. Congrats Gary!

Ben Cervantes Jr and Mill Conroy were 2nd and 3rd in F1. Can Am had Bryan Warmack in 2nd with Mill Conroy in 3rd.

More to follow with pics in the race report..............

• Tim Neja likes this

#10 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Way to go Gary! Pretty good day I'd say.

• Tim Neja likes this
Tom Eatherly

#11 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:59 PM

What do you guys think of the Koford  Soft Wonder rubber on the Can-Am's on the King? Got plenty of Alpha Wonder rubber, just curious. 

Tom Eatherly

#12 DCR

DCR

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:12 PM

The Zimmerman warm up yesterday had Gary Donahoe as the winner in both classes, F1 and Can Am. Congrats Gary!

Ben Cervantes Jr and Mill Conroy were 2nd and 3rd in F1. Can Am had Bryan Warmack in 2nd with Mill Conroy in 3rd.

More to follow with pics in the race report..............

Gary Donahoe is a great racer…………good show my friend!…………Congrats to Bryan,Mill & Ben also,they are always running up front……………………...……….DC

Don Campbell 
"DCR Slot Cars" on FaceBook

#13 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 02:53 PM

Congrats to Gary and all that came out for the Warm up Race last Saturday....Sorry to see our friend Nesta have a controller problem, and so sorry that he left early... Hope that we have a  good  turn out for the Zimmerman Race,  Nesta and Fly Girl produced a great poster for the event, available at the Buena Park Raceway counter...

Remember, no longer are zapped motors legal for running in the SCRRA....We will be checking at the Zimmerman Race with a Gauss Meter....

Thanks to Bill Vanderziel for race directing the Formula One race and to Debbie for race directing the Can Am race, and remember at the Zimmerman it is a run your own motor, not a hand out motor race

Also, last Saturday, we qualified on any lane you wanted, with some qualifying on blue, others on Purple or Yellow or Orange, and Bryan braving the Red Lane !!!

Mill Conroy

AKA : TWO LAP CONROY, Anointed Trigger Monkey by Mike Swiss

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

Second Most Interesting Man in the World.

#14 24fan

24fan

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

So how was qualifying?

Jerry Johnson

#15 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 6,803 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:44 PM

Well at first---EVERYONE was going to qualify on Blue lane!!! After some teasing---some tried other lanes--and Bryan went on Red!! It was a round robin main--so no one was going to be left out anyway!! It was different---but don't see it catching on.  I'd like to do laps and sections--that would add some consistency as well as a "hot lap"!! :)

#16 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:56 PM

Bryan qualifying on Red, what a hoot! :shok:

Tom Eatherly

#17 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 07:35 PM

Both races were round robin format.  No qualifying for the F1 race, only the Can Am race. I liked the "qualify on any lane format" as I turned in my personal best on the yellow lane.  As a track marshal, your really had to pay attention to what lane the qualifying car was running on rather than the standard "orange" lane.  However, I understand the issues this type of qualifying presents including keeping TQ records.

"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

#18 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:24 PM

Both races were round robin format.  No qualifying for the F1 race, only the Can Am race. I liked the "qualify on any lane format" as I turned in my personal best on the yellow lane.  As a track marshal, your really had to pay attention to what lane the qualifying car was running on rather than the standard "orange" lane.  However, I understand the issues this type of qualifying presents including keeping TQ records.

Tim,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you had your best race yet on Saturday............Can Am qualifying of 4.50 and a very good lap total of 285.  Great race and keep up the steady improvement!!

#19 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:51 PM

Tim,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you had your best race yet on Saturday............Can Am qualifying of 4.50 and a very good lap total of 285.  Great race and keep up the steady improvement!!

Tim,

That is VERY good! Man, way to go Tim! You are certainly stepping it up. Steady improvement indeed!

Tom Eatherly

#20 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

Here is a pic of the great poster Nesta Szabo and Flygirl have come up with for the upcoming Zimmerman.

THANKS Nesta and Kathy!!........sponsors will be added in it's final printed form..........

petezimmermanposterapril2014.jpg

#21 Tim Wilkins

Tim Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

That is a great looking poster!  And yes Bryan and Tom, that was my personal best in TQ and lap totals.  Thanks.

• Tim Neja likes this

Electric Dreams Online Shop