4 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:14 PM

I was debating where to post the YouTube video below. It's something we all have witnessed: a guy with more money than talent demanding that he be "moved-up" so he can go faster. It doesn't matter if it's slot cars, R/C, or full-sized vehicles, this person buys the most expensive and exotic equipment and then believes he belongs to the elite class. 

So sit back and enjoy the dialog (the animation isn't that engaging... but it's still humorous)...

Sample:  "Driving flat out in an actual super car, like I do, is an art form! I can't expect you to understand."

• MSwiss and Matt Sheldon like this

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#2 airhead

airhead

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

I thank that guy races with US some time.

Billy Watson

#3 Dr. Gamma

Dr. Gamma

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 12:57 PM

Sounds like the some of the guys that show up at track days with their Suzuki Hayabusas, or their mega dollar Ducatis. And they think they are faster than Kenny Roberts ever dreamed of being!!!! You look at their rear tires, and the only place they are worn is right down the middle of the tire. And their tires still have the mold tits across the rest of the tread!!!

And its even more fun to watch when some young kid on a vintage RD400 goes around them on the outside on some super fast corner!!!

Money can buy you the equipment, but not the talent to make it go fast.

Robert Kickenapp, AKA RRB (Road Race Bob or when I fell down, I became Road Rash Bob)

"Honest, I swear its stock"  My answer to tech officials at post race teardown many a time.

That bike wouldn't do 150mph if you dropped it down a mineshaft!!!

#4 Mike Patterson

Mike Patterson

Village Luddite

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

EXCELLENT!!! Thanks for posting this.

I am not a doctor, but I played one as a child with the girl next door.

#5 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

Reminds me of a weekend  motocycle race at the old Laconia Raceway. During the riders meeting instructions were given to new riders. Stay down if you crash. Do not get up and run to your bike. Newbie on new bike,new leathers,fresh out of racing school.Best of everything. Falls during practice in the front stretch sweeper. Gets up to check his new bike. Gets hit by another bike. Gets up again. Gets hit again. Leaves track in body bag. Wife and kid in stands. Sad.

Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
    Robert Mueller, special counsel (2013)

"... because people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook."
    Richard M .Nixon, Nov 17, 1973

"Fool me once, same on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."
    George W. Bush

Electric Dreams Online Shop