3 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:46 AM

Below is a quick video on the Edelbrock foundry and machine shop. I was able to take a tour some fifteen years ago and it looks like they've made a big investment in robotics and palletized CNC machines.

I find the foundry part very interesting. I already have a shop full of machine tools so there's no mystery there...

• Rick likes this

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#2 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:52 AM

Back in high school we made aluminum castings in shop. I made an eagle and a cannon. For some reason the teacher would not let us fully drill out the cannon bore?

Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
    Robert Mueller, special counsel (2013)

"... because people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook."
    Richard M .Nixon, Nov 17, 1973

"Fool me once, same on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."
    George W. Bush

#3 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

He probably was looking out for your safety and his job. Aluminum cannons = bad idea no matter how you look at it...

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#4 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Absolutely, but a few of us took this purely decorational piece and turned it into a weapon of mass destruction. We only stuffed it with firecracker powder. Loud and smokey. Nobody grenaded one.

We also made hand wound electric motors. Arms and field made from flat steel bar. Comm made from a wood dowel and brass bits. I balanced mine.

Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
    Robert Mueller, special counsel (2013)

"... because people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook."
    Richard M .Nixon, Nov 17, 1973

"Fool me once, same on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again."
    George W. Bush

Electric Dreams Online Shop