#1 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:23 PM

So what do you think guys? 

I think he is likely to succeed in getting a car on the track. :victory:

He has the advantage of having watched Peter Windsor and the USF1 team flounder and learn from their mistakes.

Best case scenario is a deal for Ferrari drivetrain with support from Fiat , as that company seeks to compete with Mini for that segment of the US market. Sure the Mercs are ahead now but nothing remains the same in F1, does it? Renault? They do not sell cars here, so...

Isn't Braun unemployed now?

I like that he is going after it with a true business plan. If he sells and moves more product, it can go a long way to help sustain the brutal budget of a F1 team.

I say GOOD LUCK!  :)

Al Thurman
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed, and sold to people you hate." Von Dutch [Kenneth R. Howard] 1929-1992
."If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Pheonix." Dr Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005
"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?" - Jack Kerouac 1927-1969
"Hold my stones". Keith Stone
My link

#2 Zippity

Zippity

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:54 PM

I say... keep watching this space.  :)

#3 Dennis David

Dennis David

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:12 AM

I agree with JPM, he's mad if he thinks he can make a go of it from the US. I also question his choice of Dallara as his chassis builder. Oh they'll sell him a chassis alright and it will say F1 but that's as close as it gets.

Personally I wish that the teams could build customer cars but some teams will never agree to it.

Dennis David

#4 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:57 AM

It's also interesting that Stewart-Haas driver Kurt Busch plans to compete in the 2014 Indy "500".

The team won't be a world-beater overnight, and if they can stick out the growing pains, I would not be surprised if they eventually do well.

That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

#5 Bernie

Bernie

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

He will find out real quick if he is not based in The UK or Europe at the very least he will fail. Saw his interview. Do not think he really understands how hard F1 is. Look at McLaren......

Bernie Schatz

#6 Howie Ursaner

Howie Ursaner

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:29 PM

Good Luck. Even if Bill Gates went F1 racing he would be a millionaire in no time. No fun to spend all of your money to run at the back of the pack.

Howie Ursaner

#7 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

Let's all wish him the best of luck!

Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#8 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • 5,620 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:34 PM

Maybe Gene Haas has come up with a different business model. Most don't realize what an impact his business had/has on the manufacturing industry by doing what many said couldn't be done.

I wouldn't bet against Gene Haas in anything he chooses to do.

• MG Brown, Ralph Thorne and Matt Sheldon like this

Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

MACHINESIGN.JPG

#9 MG Brown

MG Brown

Grand Champion Poster

• Administrator
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

No fun to spend all of your money to run at the back of the pack.

No question about that. I personally would have rather had the money it would take to be competitive in F1 spent in IndyCar, but that's my personal prejudice showing.

• Half Fast likes this
That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

#10 TSR

TSR

The Dokktor is IN

• 42,284 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

I think that he is going to learn the hard way that F1 is a monster that consumes not only money but people. Where is Peter Windsor today?

Philippe de Lespinay

#11 Matt Sheldon

Matt Sheldon

Duffy's HMI Executive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

What I like is that he seems to have done enough research to know what his target market objective is. He is not going at this because he is all in love with F1 racing and just wants to be a part of it, he could do that as a V.I.P. spectator very easily and for much less of an investment. 

I guess only he knows what his R.O.I. needs to be to make it all worth it in the end. Since it is more of a marketing, branding adventure, he might be perfectly happy with running last if it fulfills his R.O.I. objective.

Matt Sheldon

#12 Zippity

Zippity

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

Do you honestly believe that any owner would be happy running last?

#13 Matt Sheldon

Matt Sheldon

Duffy's HMI Executive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Do you honestly believe that any owner would be happy running last?

I am not sold that he is going F1 racing to just be involved in F1 racing. His billions, he can do whatever he wants regardless if common man can relate.  

Matt Sheldon

#14 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

NOTE! 

In my trade magazines CNC mills are now being advertised as HAAS/"operating system partner" for dental implant manufacture.There are a couple of them. The custom implant market is strong in demand  as it can make them in tooth colored Zirconia as well as TI . And there are maybe a dozen or so now at places I can send a file to have milled or SDL , and the add shows a HASS mill.

Point?  

This is one smart guy going about it in the right way. He has, and I know I am going on and on about this ,a REAL bizness plan.

Rumor is the technical package may be Ferrari. 

As Larry the Cable guy says  " GIT ER DONE"!

Al Thurman
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed, and sold to people you hate." Von Dutch [Kenneth R. Howard] 1929-1992
."If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Pheonix." Dr Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005
"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?" - Jack Kerouac 1927-1969
My link

#15 Dennis David

Dennis David

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:53 PM

I still think he's nuts to go into F1. What's wrong with LeMans or IndyCar. F1 will pick his pockets. Now that I've said my piece I'll be the first to jump on the bandwagon if he starts to have any success. LOL

Dennis David

#16 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:27 PM

An Indycar team would not sell any more of his product than he already does now. A F1 team however will gain global coverage . Think of how Lambroghini and Maserati started out making sewing machines and tractors. :D Haas has a rare opportunity here!

Al Thurman
My link

#17 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:36 PM

What's wrong with LeMans or Indy cars? Nothing. but they're NOT F-1... the absolute pinnacle of car racing. Doesn't even every one of US want to test ourselves against the best in slot racing? No different... just depends on if you have deep enough pockets for it.

Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#18 Dennis David

Dennis David

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

They'll have to be very deep indeed. I would think he would be better served buying Toro Rosso

Dennis David

#19 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:04 AM

I didn't know Toro Rosso was for sale(?).

Richard L. Hofer

#20 tonyp

tonyp

Grand Champion Poster

• Member at Peace
  • 15,325 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hass will never see an F1 race unless they buy a team. With the current state of F1 I doubt we will ever see a new team start from scratch.

Anthony 'Tonyp' Przybylowicz

5/28/50-12/20/21
Requiescat in Pace

#21 Zippity

Zippity

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Guenther Steiner has confirmed the new American Formula 1 team set up by Gene Haas will join the grid in 2016 rather than next season.

NASCAR team co-owner Haas had been looking at joining the field as soon as 2015, having secured an entry from the FIA earlier this year.

But Haas said at the time he had the option to defer until 2016 if necessary, and Steiner confirmed during a visit to the Canadian Grand Prix that Haas will take up this option.

The squad is expected to work with Italian single-seater constructor Dallara to build its first car, while Ferrari looks to be the most likely option for a customer engine supply, but this has yet to be formally agreed.

Ex-Red Bull technical director Steiner, who will be team principal for the new outfit, confirmed Haas' expanded headquarters in Kannapolis, North Carolina, will open in three months time.

The team has yet to make any decision on a possible driver line-up, but when asked if Stewart-Haas NASCAR driver Danica Patrick was in the frame, he said: "Not more than anybody. But you know, everything is possible."

Steiner added that former Indy Racing League and NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart, who co-owns Haas' NASCAR outfit, would not be involved in the F1 project.

"Tony wants to earn money in racing, and Gene wants to spend it," Steiner said.

-Autosport

Ron Thornton

#22 Bernie

Bernie

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

They will never turn a wheel. How is the US Grand Prix in New Jersey coming along? I know! It isn't . Same with the Haas F1 team , a non starter.
Bernie Schatz

#23 Dennis David

Dennis David

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:07 PM

I heard that the GP in New Jersey was delayed due to a traffic study ...

Dennis David

#24 Zippity

Zippity

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:43 PM

I thought it was because of a bridge issue :)

Electric Dreams Online Shop