57 replies to this topic

#51 Team Trend

Team Trend

a dearly-missed departed member

• Member at Peace
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

Thanks to Mike and Cindy McMasters for a great place and time for us "big kids" to play.

Thank you for dinner, Cindy; a great job once again.

Congrats to Team R-Geo on a hard-fought win.

Hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. Thanks again.
Jim Nolen
4/30/63-2/3/16
Requiescat in Pace

#52 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,078 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:07 AM

Man, Chis is having a hell of a summer!

It's all an illusion, Noose, I'm pretty sure he does it with mirrors.  :laugh2: 

The guy is so smooth and relaxed when he drives it's unbelievable. Not to mention the two great teammates he had, Rick Jr. and Steve Koepp. It's almost an unbeatable combination.

I had a great time and can't wait to do it again. My thanks to Mike, Cindy, and the whole gang at Tom Thumb for one hell of a great event. I love endurance races.
Jim "Butch" Dunaway

Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

Washington D.C. the largest rats nest in the world

NF-UE

#53 The Number of

The Number of

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Columbus Classic Six-Hour Enduro pics

Pics in the link above.

As usual Cindy, Mike, Jessica, and company put on a first class event.

All had a good time with good close racing. Congrats to all who competed and to the auctions that raised over $500 for Jim Bandes.

Bill
Bill Fulmer

The lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

#54 Gary Adams

Gary Adams

Old 'N Slow

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

Many many thanks to Mike, Cindy, Jessica, and all involved for a great day of racing and a great dinner afterwards! Also, a big shout to the podium teams who engaged in some really fierce competition over the course of six hours, absolutely amazing.

Last but not least, thank yous go out to my teammates Steve Deiters and Thom Greene, for keeping our car running for the six hours despite suffering heavy damage due to multiple wall shots during the race. Awesome job, guys, and thanks for teaming up with me!

Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers.

#55 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,256 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

It was a long drive for Bobby Robinson and me, but we both had a terrific time racing with our partner in crime, Jay Guard. If nothing else, dem studs on Team R-Geo knew we were there... LOL!

Our biggest problem was that old fart from Georgia who hadn't raced since the Fall Brawl. That numbskull really should have practiced some more...

One thing I did want to point out for future reference by racers at Tom Thumb was a self-inflicted lap counting problem. We discussed changing the braid on our car for a couple of heats, as it was looking a little gnarly, but decided it wasn't that bad and we didn't want to take the time under green to do it. When Bobby was tearing it up on blue lane, Jay was marshaling the exit of the finger and I was sitting at the lap counter monitors. Didn't look like Bobby was getting passed at all yet he was losing laps to R-Geo and finally fell behind them. I realized that Bobby must have been missing laps and sure enough we watched his car cross the dead strip twice in a row without the laps counting. Once we snatched the car up and put new braid on, the car counted every lap... Oh, well, live and learn. Just wanted to get this info out there for racers at Tom Thumb to keep in mind.

Of course, when Jay had the bad luck to nail another car sliding up the bank while at top speed it didn't help us either...

None of these excuses should in any way diminish the glory of R-Geo's victory. Just finishing second to that "dream team" is an accomplishment. Congrats to Chris, Ricky, and Steve on a well-deserved win.

Mike McMasters, please figure out when the next Six-Hour Columbus Classic will be held so I can get it on my calendar now! This race was too much fun for me ever to miss again.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#56 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• 13,078 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:40 AM

One thing I did want to point out for future reference by racers at Tom Thumb was a self-inflicted lap counting problem. We discussed changing the braid on our car for a couple of heats, as it was looking a little gnarly, but decided it wasn't that bad and we didn't want to take the time under green to do it. When Bobby was tearing it up on blue lane, Jay was marshaling the exit of the finger and I was sitting at the lap counter monitors. Didn't look like Bobby was getting passed at all yet he was losing laps to R-Geo and finally fell behind them. I realized that Bobby must have been missing laps and sure enough we watched his car cross the dead strip twice in a row without the laps counting.

We had the same thing happen. Luckily though we didn't lose enough laps that it would have made a difference. We had at best a fifth place car but managed a third place due to luck. That's what I like about endurance races, you don't have to have the fastest car to win.

Jay was without a doubt with that car the fastest on the track. Josh was also very fast but had a lot of car trouble. When I ran against Josh in the second to last lane he was passing me about every minute and our car was running as good as it had all day. We were way out-horsepowered and were losing four to five feet every lap down the straightaway to four other cars.

Maybe next race Mike will spec the 4002FK motor. Hint, hint.  :)
Jim "Butch" Dunaway

Anything is possible IF you don't know what you are talking about.

Washington D.C. the largest rats nest in the world

NF-UE

#57 Rick

Rick

Grand Champion Poster

• Partial Member
  • 8,843 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

It was fun to watch it all happen.

I think everyone had some issue at some point. Team R-Geo Bone Sauce had at least four riders in the short chute and that it was suprising we could even keep it going, but we did finish the race, no DNF!

Team R-Geo ran out of brush and really slowed. Ricky made a less than a minute motor change and kept them in the hunt.

WWWT had a bad rider and really crushed the guide tongue.

Word to the wise, even after at least four hard riders, with the guide brace on we did not bend the guide tongue, amazing! Put a guide brace on your chassis!!

Team Slotblog had a fast car and their motor stayed strong front to back.

As always after six hours of racing and to have cars finish so close is cool.

Thanks to everyone at Tom Thumb for the event. The awards were nice for the podium guys and they each got one...

Rick Bennardo
"Professional Tinkerer"
scrgeo@comcast.net
R-Geo Products
LIKE my Facebook page for updates, new releases, and sales: Rgeo Slots...

Lead! The easy equalizer...

#58 MantaRay

MantaRay

a dearly-missed departed member

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,859 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the pics Bill.......

Ray Price
11/4/49-1/23/15
Requiescat in Pace