• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#51 Ten shirt

Ten shirt

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 05:42 PM

Thanks for the interest.  The addition to the track was built during a exploratory period class and after school in about three weeks.  Kids did as much work as I could get away with.  I got caught letting kids do "too much" and had do all the cutting and routing myself, but the kids set up the jigs and saws.  We only used a skill saw, router and sander.  Kids take better care of a track they built.

Were running 1/24 JK ready to run cars.  Hawk 7's and 3/32 axcels. Open wheel and LMP.   We have a variable power supply that is a must for kids.  Newbe racers race at minimum power and experienced racers race at 12.8 amps.  Several kids are real fast.  Several kids have assembled their own cars, changed motors and tires and flags.  We go through tons of flags.  There are as many girls as boys.  For 7th and 8th grade that is par for the course.  It gives them something to talk about with girls!  We have about 30 kids running cars they bought, and 20 more who start with the "community cars".  They soon learn that those cars are hard to drive (they hit the wall alot).

We have airbrush and paint available and several kids drive bodies they painted themselves.  

The status of the club is up in the air now as the new administration I have is very rules and micro management oriented.  Me not so much.  

Thanks for the generous offers of donations, but right now I can't be assured that we will be doing this next year.  Right now were fine.  

Kent

ps  Just 'cause I'm a teacher don't mean I can spel or got grammer.  I teach music :)

• olescratch likes this
Kent Meredith

#52 Don Weaver

Don Weaver

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:53 AM

Kent,

Please let us know when things are firmed up for next year as I'm sure there are a number of SlotBlog members that would love to help out!

Don

• olescratch likes this

Don Weaver
The supply of government exceeds demand.
L.H. Lapham

If the brain-eating amoeba invades Washington
it will starve to death...

How do you spell "leverage"?

........R-A-N-S-O-M

Electric Dreams Online Shop