• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Keith Tanaka

Keith Tanaka

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

September's D3 Hardbody races had another very good turnout. With the annual D3 Hardbody Nats coming up Oct. 18-19th many of the racers were getting their cars ready for the big one next month. In addition, we introduced a new concept for the "combined" and "mixed" races (see race report for details). 

Several new hardbody racers (Jim Lane, Mike Kenney, Perry Hause, Chuck Vaughn) had their first ever D3 hardbody races so it was a special day. Thanks Chuck for donating your V-Tech tire treatment to one of the NASCAR main winners. 

Thanks to Jim and Debby Watterson for their support of D3 hardbody racing at Buena Park Raceway.

Thanks to our race directors: Victor Dubrowsky, Keith Tanaka

Here's the race/photo report: http://socald3.phanfare.com/2014/

The 4th Annual D3 Hardbody Nats will be held at Buena Park Raceway on Saturday October 18th and Sunday October 19th.

Saturday's race schedule: first race: 1946-1956 Stock Cars,  second race: 1957-1979 NASCARs,  final race: 1980-Present NASCARs

Sunday's race schedule:  first race: Trans Am,  second race: Jalopy,  final race: 3 C's

Reminder: tech inspection for all 6 races. 

Concours winner for each racing class. Nats box plaques for all race participants. Wood plaques for each podium (two podiums for 80's-present NASCAR race). Metal box plaques for all podiums.

Race sponsors welcomed (donations will be used towards podium plaques).

Keith :)

Team Rolling Hills circa '66-'68

#2 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:41 PM

Another really FUN DAY racing hard bodies!! If you want to experience laid back racing at it's finest--come check us out the 3rd Sunday of the month.  Very fun to drive cars on the flat track!! Oct--is Nats weekend--so Sat and Sunday!!

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#3 Jim Lange

Jim Lange

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

I'm really bummed I'll miss the Hardbody Nats. It's scheduled the same weekend as the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion that I'll be competing in. Look forward to racin some Hardbody's with you guys when my season is over in November.

• Tim Neja likes this

Electric Dreams Online Shop