3 replies to this topic

#1 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,869 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:09 PM

Took us a little longer to get everything loaded this morning, but we still backed out of the driveway before dawn... at 7:30 AM.

We're making good time, too. Hit the I-75/I-24 junction in Chattanoga in an hour and fifty-one minutes, even with two stops. Gas prices are getting lower as we head north. Saw $2.65 a gallon in Georgia and $2.69 in Tennessee but as usual I had an almost full tank on both occasions.

Lunching at McD's about 35 miles from the Illinois state line while posting this, with about another two hours to go until we hit St. Louis. Hoping to get close to Kansas City before we call it a day. In any event, it's been a good day one, through bright and cloudless skies, with no real traffic problems and minimal enforcement.

As dc-65x is always saying, onward!
  • Clif likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#2 dc-65x

dc-65x

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • 5,134 posts
  • Location:Captain Rick: The only vintage slot car nut in SW Oregon?

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

Onward indeed, Greg. :good:

May the classic car Gods smile on your journey. :victory:

Rick Thigpen
Check out Steve Okeefe's great web site at its new home here at Slotblog:
The Independent Scratchbuilder
There's much more to come...

#3 Dennis David

Dennis David

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:06 PM

Gas cost a dollar more a gallon out here so be prepared.

Dennis David

curb-line2.jpg

gph_sm.jpg

#4 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,869 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

Gas is cheap in Missouri. My last fill-up today was $2.67 a gallon and within a few miles we saw $2.63 a gallon, which is almost always the way it works for me... LOL. The last number is the lowest we saw today.

We made it to Concordia, MO, in almost exactly twelve hours, including a number of short stops, which is distance of 772 miles per the odometer. Not too bad... but we still have over 1,900 miles to go...

Had fantasies of reaching Kansas City in time to partake of one of their famous steaks, but had to settle for Pizza Hut, sigh.

Was able to pick up the MRN Talladega NASCAR broadcast but it faded before the last restart, so we've got ESPN on trying to find out who won. The suspense has been tough...
  • Michael Rigsby likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

Electric Dreams Online Shop