No replies to this topic

#1 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,869 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

There don't seem to be any cheap hotels in Denver, at least I couldn't find any so I jumped on Priceline to see what I could snag.

I've tried using Priceline a few times previously but hadn't had much luck. Started with a bid of $50 a night and 2-1/2 stars or better and got zilch. Went up to $55 and down to 2 stars and got a bite, which turned out to be a ComfortSuites on the west side of the city, in Lakewood.

As usual, there was a gotcha - the property is in the middle of a remodel and the parking lot is piled with old couches and other debris, as is the second floor elevator landing. The hallway is missing its baseboards and could use a good vacuuming. None of which is a real issue for me as I can appreciate the difficulty of remodeling a multi-story hotel while keeping it open for business.

But I'm very pleased with the room, which is a suite as advertised, with a kitchenette, large sitting area with couch and seats, work desk, great bathroom, and excellent shower. About 2-1/2 times the square footage of a normal double room. The room is post-remodel except for one item (which I learned about from chatting up the installer): the granite countertops they're putting in the suites were late arriving and they still need to install them in the room we're in to replace its current Formica counters. Additionally, the hotel staff I've interacted with were all personable and professional.

Probably the best room I've ever received for the price paid, which was less than we were charged for a terrible Days Inn room in Concordia, MO, the night before.

We're staying here for two days, and plan to do a little sightseeing today. Thinking of driving up into the mountains to a couple of the ski areas and in general just playing tourist, as this is our first visit to Denver.

Nice town, at least when it is sunny and the temp is 81 degrees F like it was yesterday!
  • triggerman, Jason Holmes and Michael Rigsby like this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

Electric Dreams Online Shop