2 replies to this topic

#1 Noose

Noose

Grand Champion Poster

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,176 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:20 AM

A super thanks to Mike Iles, Frank Giordano, Brandon Millinghausen, and the rest of the SpeedZone staff for making this a super event and great weekend. It was terrific to see so many racers participate and the competition so close. Brendon has to be the race director of the year with his relentless pursuit to keep everyone informed of what is going on and keeping the event moving along.

Thanks to all the racers that came to support SpeedZone, the IRRA®, and Retro East! Even more thanks for making tech so smooth. This was by far the best yet as there were very, very few "No Tech For You" situations the whole weekend.

We had 148 different racers participating over the weekend from all over the country and Canada, too! While it is understandable that not everyone can make every event the turn-out on Saturday with 58 racers for Can-Am was awesome. Now if all of the others that had raced that had run onver the other days we would have had 67 and OMG if all others that normally run with us had shown up we would have had 84! Whew. 

Congrats to all the podium folks and the winners. It was great to see five different winners and that's how it is out here with the competition so close. Of course, a huge congrats to Matt Bruce for taking his fifth "Heavyweight" title in a row. The guy is amazing. Once again congrats to John Weaver for his win in GTC-FK thus making "the list" and two concours wins. This kid is good. It was a blast to once again give it a go with Duran. Loved our dicing in Can-Am.

Personally I want to thank Johnny "VW" Streisguth, Ed Sohl, and Joe "Chubby" Salzman for all of their help over the weekend. Of course I have to thank Mr. Evil Tony P for the great frames I used!

Thank you to those racers that used bodies I painted! It was great to see Jersey John Molnar, Eddie Defour, and Chubby win concours with my work. It was really cool to see Chubby win with a "pretty body" and of course to Howie for his TQ in Can-Am with the "Sofa King" special!

And to the sponsors! Thank you!

• kvanpelt and usadar like this

Joe "Noose" Neumeister
Sometimes known as a serial despoiler of the clear purity of virgin Lexan bodies. Lexan is my canvas!
Noose Custom Painting - Since 1967
Chairman - IRRA® Body Committee - Roving IRRA® Tech Dude - "EVIL BUCKS Painter"
"Team Evil Bucks" Racer - 2016 Caribbean Retro Overall Champion
The only thing bad about Retro is admitting that you remember doing it originally.

#2 slotracer43

slotracer43

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:38 PM

Its hard to believe another Fall Brawl has come and gone.  Thanks to Mike, Frank, and all the Speed Zone gang for putting on a great race weekend. Special thanks to Brandon for the awesome job he does running the races and keeping the day moving along. And Thanks to Noose for teching the cars all weekend.

Congratulations to all the winners, especially Matt on his Can Am and overall win. No one works harder, but still always has time to help other racers out.  The racing was so close all weekend throughout all the mains. It was great to see so many racers come out all weekend including an awesome turnout of 58 Can Ams on Sunday!

Lastly, I want to thank Wes for all his help all weekend. It was great battling with him in the Can Am race, and while I was disappointed to not make the move up, was happy to see him do so well in the A main.

Can't wait for next years race, See you all at the races!

Adam

Adam Chaya

#3 usadar

usadar

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:50 PM

I should have been there. :cray:

I will be there next year. :to_become_senile:

Haruki :good:

• S.O. Watt and Jason Holmes like this
Haruki Kan
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo
Retro Tokyo on Facebook

Where do we go from here: chaos or community?

Electric Dreams Online Shop