9 replies to this topic

#1 A. J. Hoyt

A. J. Hoyt

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 05:53 PM

In most threads (and, particularly, in posts with multiple pictures), I can only see partial pictures. I don't think this is an internet speed issue as I have a very fast internet connection for work purposes. They seem to create more or less of the full image when I move out of the thread and return.

This is new in the past week (have never seen it before). Is this an issue with the Slotblog compatibility with the latest Windows (updates occur all the time) or a setting I must manage?

Am I alone in this or are others experiencing this, too?

Greg, what say ye? Or, others chime in, please.

Keep it in the slot (and keep up with Slotblog),

AJ

Never complacent - striving to race to ever increasing levels of mediocrity!

The only thing I know about slot cars is if I had a good time when I leave the building! I can count the times I didn't on one hand!

Entitlement:
The notion that one can have their slot car racing and EAT IT, too!

Former Home Track - Slot Car Speedway and Hobbies
, Longmont, CO, Noteworthy for the 155' Hillclimb track featuring the THUNDER-DONUT - "Two men enter; one man leaves!"

#2 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

AJ, sometimes things fail to "load" properly, and a "reload" fixes it.

This isn't a Slotblog problem AFAIK.  It's a common glitch.  You wouldn't believe the headaches I get at work trying to access online training.

Sometimes it requires trying multiple browsers and multiple refreshes to get the job done.

Try a refresh and/or a different browser.

There is so much spamming, hacking, and phishing going on, the browsers and in-house filters are constantly having to invent new defensive measures.

Paul Wolcott

#3 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:58 AM

AJ, you didn't say what your running....

Maybe this if your running Win7 IE-11

http://slotblog.net/...ed/#entry572554

A 'slow' connection will cause loading issues too. It times out... overwhelmed with all the scripts trying to run. 

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#4 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Subscriber
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:52 AM

He said he has a "very fast internet connection", Bob.

I've experienced the same problems with an extremely fast connection, on Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE.

Not just Slotblog, but everywhere. Like you said, overwhelmed with scripts, filters, etc.

Paul Wolcott

#5 zipper

zipper

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 06:26 AM

My IE has done it for years on Win 7- seems that it tends to download 500 to 1000 MB crap via some sites, mostly forums, and needs the process to be stopped and then it reloads without problems.

Pekka Sippola

#6 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,341 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:27 AM

A.J.,

I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't.

I see the same things on my Mac system, so I don't feel it is an OS or browser related issue.

Since I switched from Comcast to AT&T, the problem is much worse on my end, so I'm believing it is an ISP issue.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#7 Pablo

Pablo

Builder

• Subscriber
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

Greg,

Given AJ says he has high-speed connection, what would you say if I guessed the security software may be having a hard time keeping up with the usual proprietary junk?

Would it be safe to temporarily disable it, see how well it loads, then re-enable?

Paul Wolcott

#8 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 22,341 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

Pablo,

Honestly, I don't think that is worth wasting the time to do.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#9 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 13,350 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

He said he has a "very fast internet connection", Bob.

I've experienced the same problems with an extremely fast connection, on Firefox, Google Chrome, and IE.

Not just Slotblog, but everywhere. Like you said, overwhelmed with scripts, filters, etc.

I didn't say Who had a 'slow connection', think about it.... the information highway goes 'both ways. Just because 'AnyWho' has a new 6 lane from his ISP to his NID doesn't mean "Everyone" does. 

Mileage from the server(s), of which multiple are being hit has an effect.

Buffers overfill, physical memory, the basis of 'networking' Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol and Carrier Sense Multiple Access / Collision Detection protocol (Ethernet), "Security" software and firewall settings and more all play into the 'user experience'.

BTW: There are billions of total 'wrecks' every second on the information 'super' highway. :shok:

A.J.,

I wish I had an answer for you, but I don't.

I see the same things on my Mac system, so I don't feel it is an OS or browser related issue.

Since I switched from Comcast to AT&T, the problem is much worse on my end, so I'm believing it is an ISP issue.

New route... and .... new group of hitch hikers along the way. Ride sharing and carpooling.

Greg,

Given AJ says he has high-speed connection, what would you say if I guessed the security software may be having a hard time keeping up with the usual proprietary junk?

Would it be safe to temporarily disable it, see how well it loads, then re-enable?

Risky biz though.

Posted Image
                            Bob Israelite

#10 Samiam

Samiam

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

This is all Greek to me. :unknw:

No problem with any pictures posted here.

Sam Levitch

"If you have integrity, nothing else matters, and if you do not have integrity, nothing else matters."
     Robert Mueller, special counsel (2013)

Electric Dreams Online Shop