• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Donahoe

Gary Donahoe

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

From looking at the Lapmaster web page it looks like it is possible to have our entire King Track race statistics posted on the Buena Park web page.  Perhaps there might be a way the results could automatically be posted on slotblog.  Here is a link to information about setting this up:  http://www.lapmaster...pMasterHelp.htm  See Web Access in the left column. 

Perhaps Max or someone more computer savvy than I would be willing to set this up.  This could make it easier for Bryan so he is not trying to keep track of a bunch of papers to take home to photograph for his race reports.  Also there is a tremendous amount of data collected that could be interesting for those of us that are into that stuff.

Anyone have experience with this?

#2 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,539 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

Gary,

What I've been doing is taking screenshots of the LapMaster results screens and then posting them to Slotblog. Like this, from last year's R4:

image.jpg

Links to the various results sections can also be posted, but I like having images uploaded to Slotblog for permanency.

• CoastalAngler1 likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#3 Gary Donahoe

Gary Donahoe

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:07 PM

Hi Greg,

Where did you get the LapMaster results screens from? Where they posted on the website for the raceway? 

I'm fairly certain that as it stands now the LapMaster data at BP is stored in the computer at the King track race director’s stand and is not available otherwise.  Results sheets are printed out and then photographed by Bryan for his race reports. I also understand that Debbie keeps a notebook with printed race results sheets.

#4 Tom Thumb Hobbies

Tom Thumb Hobbies

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

LapMaster can be configured to store the HTML code that we automatically upload to our website locally on our computer as well. It can then be displayed in any browser from the local copy a printed, etc.

That is what we have done at Mark's Model World in the ORS series as he doesn't have the required broadband internet connection. The instructions for doing this are in LapMasters documentation.

Mike McMasters
TTlogo300.jpg

Former home of the ORIGINAL American blue King

#5 DPmax

DPmax

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:32 PM

Looked into this briefly when we had to reset everything up after the big computer death/swap-out.

I'll check with Debbie and see what kind of access her web host offers, I think it is very minimal and may limit how pages can be created and linked via an app like LapMaster.

Max Bowers

#6 Gary Donahoe

Gary Donahoe

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:55 PM

Max, that would be very cool. Even if we could store only one race at a time it would be great. Much appreciated.

#7 Tom Thumb Hobbies

Tom Thumb Hobbies

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

If you don't have the access you need you can still create the HTML reports on your local computer then screenshot them and post anywhere. Facebook, website, printed page. Anywhere.

Mike McMasters
TTlogo300.jpg

#8 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

Mike, can you tell me in the program where I can find how to set up Laps and Sections qualifying?

Mill Conroy

AKA : TWO LAP CONROY, Anointed Trigger Monkey by Mike Swiss

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

Second Most Interesting Man in the World.

#9 Gary Donahoe

Gary Donahoe

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:35 AM

Mill, hope this helps.

Qualify Mode
Two different qualification modes are available.
* LAP TIME In this mode the drivers fastest single lap is the qualification result.
* LAP TIME W/2 rounds As LAP TIME, but with two complete qualification rounds. Best result in any round counts.
* LAP TIME W/Bye-rounds In this mode the driver can chose to split his qualification time for a second attempt, with a penalty in time defined by the value in Bye penalty.
* NO OF LAPS In this mode the distance covered (Number of laps + sections) is the qualifying result.

On Race setup, under Qualification, Qualify Mode, select No of laps.

lap master.jpg

#10 Tom Thumb Hobbies

Tom Thumb Hobbies

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

What he said, Mill.

If you want to experiment with LapMaster anyone one can download the software and run it on any computer even without the hardware. It will run in simulation mode and you can even select it to simulate laps being counted. Very cool way to become familiar with the software and debug custom formats.

Mike McMasters
TTlogo300.jpg

Electric Dreams Online Shop