• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tazman

tazman

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

Just got a vintage Revell 1/24 Cheetah body from fellow racer Greg which completes my parts chase for my Dynamic project #3. As a kid, my Dad built me a Cheetah with a Pittman motor on a Dynamic chassis. This time it's powered by a 36d motor in a Dynamic sidewinder chassis. Clean up, cutting the comm, and true the rear tires are some of the things I need to do. By the way, Greg is starting a new slot car magazine called Slot Cars Magazine which should be out this month.78ad5e3ab95bc24a110c3b18e78c4f8a.jpg
  • George Blaha likes this
Rick Ortogero

#2 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:11 PM

Rick, That chassis came out of my pile and directly into yours. Thanks for the purchase and glad to see it will hit the track once more after 40+ years.

Those Rannalli wheels look great when polished, I can show you how if need be. Also, I've found those Rannalli slicks to have some nice soft rubber when cut. Make sure you leave enough height on the tire for the spur to clear the track. 

Great memory with your Dad too, unfortunately my dad had no interest whatsoever in anything hobby related. 

Joe Lupo

#3 tazman

tazman

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 06:01 AM

I am very happy right now with what I got from you and I am really looking forward to bringing that car back to life. That body I got last night was a gift and I was looking for the right one for the longest time.Talk about being in the right place at the right time!
Rick Ortogero

Electric Dreams Online Shop