No replies to this topic

#1 Tom Thumb Hobbies

Tom Thumb Hobbies

Posting Leader

• IRRA National Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:30 PM

It has been said that as you get older you lose several things. The first is your memory... and... I can't remember the rest... SORRY!

I thought I had already posted this but... oops... I didn't.

The R4/8 will be here before you know it. I have been getting calls from many who have never attended but are making plans to do so this year. Early signs point to another great race with some of the best Retro racing (and racers) in the country. Much more info will be posted very soon. But for now here is the event poster. 

As always we are looking for award sponsors and prize donations. And, as before, past award sponsors will get first pick.

There is one exception this year however. Most of you know that we sadly lost one of the greatest people to ever pull the trigger on a Retro car recently. "Manta" Ray Price. Even though he lived hundreds of miles away, and I can't really say we were "close", his passing has affected me more than I can explain. All of us looked forward to his visits to the R4 every year and he was a great ambassador for the hobby. His absence will be felt by all. So... this year... his favorite class... Can-Am... will be dedicated to the memory and life of our friend and racer... Ray Price. It will NOT be available to any sponsor. 

The R4 dates are on the poster. Saturday, February 14, is the official "warm-up" race (also ORS race #6) and as such we will NOT be running Retro Anglewinder but will replace it with GT Coupe for those getting ready for the R4. Stayed tuned for additional info and don't hesitate to call or email with any questions you may have.  

r4:8.1.JPG

r4:8.2.JPG

• Cheater, Noose and The Number of like this

Mike McMasters
TTlogo300.jpg

Former home of the ORIGINAL American blue King

Electric Dreams Online Shop