• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

OK, I have this plan, hope it works out. I have at least 50 started projects, some more involved than others. I am trying to get one finished per week which is about a years worth. I will see how long I can keep the pace up. 

Here is week ones car almost done. I started last Monday and hope to have her finished up tomorrow.

The chassis and interior plate came in a lot of stuff I bought. Luckily, Aurora sold many body molds to Monogram and a body is available. I had started to polish the body, Monogram polishes their body molds and they look good when polished out. Didn't want to get too involved painting the body etc. Trying to keep builds simple and clean.

Here is how it sat for the last 4 or 5 years. 

DSC05901.JPG

Finishing it off involves my 3 least favorite things, painting drivers, chrome foil and final assembly. Here it is so far after a lot of detail painting and a start with the foil. Plates are painted like NY had them back in the day. Will finalize her tomorrow. Have to glue on the bumpers,grille etc. and finish the foil.

DSC05923.JPG

DSC05924.JPG

DSC05925.JPG

• slotbaker, havlicek, Hack and 1 other like this

Joe Lupo

#2 havlicek

havlicek

OCD Rewinder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

My older brother had this car in dark blue...thanks for the memories!

-john

John Havlicek

#3 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

Glad you like it and it brought back some good memories John. 

Ok, maybe a week was a little ambitious but within two weeks is acceptable for me. Only thing left is to foil the GTO on the quarter, may do that later, a huge pain in the *** and did I mention I hate doing foil  :dash2: Taking pics outside, gotta be like 9 friggin' degrees.

Here you can see the side shot as it marches on the Comet out of the hole.

DSC05948.JPG

Here is a front view. You can see the huge difference next to the totally out of the box Comet. You can really make these old cars come alive with paint,polish and foil.

DSC05947.JPG

Lastly a rear view.

DSC05949.JPG

• slotbaker likes this

Joe Lupo

Electric Dreams Online Shop