• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 02:49 PM

GTO done, on to week 2's project. This was a body I found in a lot I bought. It was unpainted and pretty yellowed. Having nothing to do one night I tried some chassis under it. It had a slot cut in the back and a hole drilled in the hood so I figured go ahead and build it. Much to my surprise someone cut that slot and drilled that hole to fit a Monogram chassis under it. 

I brush painted it with some green acrylic and cut out the cockpit. Instead of having a screw going through the hood I turned a screw into a gas cap. Then it sat in a box for a few years. Here is how it looked since then. You can see the slot cut here.

DSC06025.JPG

DSC06026.JPG

Here it is today after some fiddling. I will need to add another coat on the inside if I can find the paint I used.   :dash2: I made a simple interior from cardboard and the driver is one someone painted 40 years ago. I will probably change it out for one of my own. Still trying wheels out. These are Monogram with two-prong knock-offs. Pics of the real car show something like this. Or I can go with inserts to dress her up. I have a lot of details to think up and add. 

DSC06027.JPG

• Tex likes this

Joe Lupo

#2 havlicek

havlicek

OCD Rewinder

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,472 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

The Harvey was always a favorite of mine as a kid Joe. I'm pretty sure mine were all 1/24 though and that FT16D looks positively huge in there!

-john

John Havlicek

#3 Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:27 AM

John, I agree, most of these you see are 1/24. Kind of an oddball and that's why I like it.  :)

That motor in red just as pictured is the standard motor for that chassis although the pics do make it seem larger for some reason.

Joe Lupo

Electric Dreams Online Shop