GTO done, on to week 2's project. This was a body I found in a lot I bought. It was unpainted and pretty yellowed. Having nothing to do one night I tried some chassis under it. It had a slot cut in the back and a hole drilled in the hood so I figured go ahead and build it. Much to my surprise someone cut that slot and drilled that hole to fit a Monogram chassis under it.
I brush painted it with some green acrylic and cut out the cockpit. Instead of having a screw going through the hood I turned a screw into a gas cap. Then it sat in a box for a few years. Here is how it looked since then. You can see the slot cut here.
Here it is today after some fiddling. I will need to add another coat on the inside if I can find the paint I used. I made a simple interior from cardboard and the driver is one someone painted 40 years ago. I will probably change it out for one of my own. Still trying wheels out. These are Monogram with two-prong knock-offs. Pics of the real car show something like this. Or I can go with inserts to dress her up. I have a lot of details to think up and add.