• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Gary Bluestone

Gary Bluestone

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

I am trying to build up one of these Barracudas using the Custom Kit brass chassis, threaded aluminum wheels, TC32 motor, from loose parts and it looks like I don't have the correct wheel inserts and cannot determine which ones were used. Judging by photos of the box art found on the web, a line drawing of a "stock car wheel" is depicted.

Does anyone have a photo of the correct wheel insert for this car? Was the body supplied in the Custom Kit always blue or were there white ones, too?

I've posted a photo of the car with Ferrari Dino inserts but now I know these are wrong!

P1010137.JPG

• L A Capaldi likes this

#2 Pechuga_VLC

Pechuga_VLC

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:50 AM

The following image with the hubcaps still on chrome tree, confirms that it´s Strombecker (s26) Ferrari Dino 166/P [0834] Berlinetta '65 hubcaps.

arbol completo motorkit, coche no motorkit.JPG

José Villalba Ureña (Pechuga)

#3 Pechuga_VLC

Pechuga_VLC

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

Previous hubcaps were really marketed into motorkit TC-32, European Rallye circuit, and custom kit formats.

But it's funny, because the custom kits use plastic wheels, then hubcaps cannot used!  :sarcastic_hand:

• L A Capaldi likes this

#4 Pechuga_VLC

Pechuga_VLC

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:05 AM

Please note, the following official photo can be confused.

It is a photo of the new model debuts in the official journal of Strombecker Inside Track. The model still has the final hubcaps and wheel covers will engage the Lotus Indy, which is also being finalized at the time.

imagen de catalogo.jpg

• L A Capaldi likes this

#5 Pechuga_VLC

Pechuga_VLC

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

And now talk about the Barracuda...

Different types of marketing in Strombecker is key, because not all types of marketing are equal.

For example, there are four pieces of Strombecker Barracuda, that not all formats included.

Undoubtedly the most complete orde luxe format is corresponding to motorkit TC-32. It includes:

* Steering wheel
* Driver
* Medallion radiator
* Hubcaps

Regarding hubcaps... they are specific to the model. If you have in front of you the motorkit box... or label custom kit, you can see which ones are correct in Strombecker Barracuda.

Sorry but I cannot hang here photos of hubcaps, because they are captured from the network. If someone wants to see private I send picture mail.

My email is superpechuga@hotmail.com

#6 Joe Mig

Joe Mig

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

Look at EJ's, he might know.

Slot Car Tires & Rims
Joseph Migliaccio. Karma it's a wonderful thing.

"Drive it like you're in it!!!"

"If everything feels under control... you are not going fast enough!"

Some people are like Slinkies... they're really good for nothing... but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

#7 Gary Bluestone

Gary Bluestone

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:57 PM

I had a look at EJ's but could not see Barracuda wheel inserts. I have only one radiator medallion insert and it is white. I'm not sure if it was part of the Custom Kit but if these only came with kits and not the RTR then the body colours must also be white.

José, if I understand you correctly, then the "set cars" and RTR had no driver, steering wheel, radiator medallion, and hub inserts?

#8 Pechuga_VLC

Pechuga_VLC

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:27 AM

It is difficult to answer that because often the pieces have been lost, but in my opinion, compared to the four pieces reviews of Barracuda:

* TC-32 motorkit (4) includes four critical parts. The car included incidentally is always blue. Medallion and driver in blue, chrome hubcaps, and wheel.

* Customkit (3): includes three critical parts. The car included can be in blue or white, therefore medallion same color, but also includes chrome hubcaps and wheel. No pilot included.

* RTR box and facilities circuits (1/0): at least some sets of circuit (I think the first) include medallion same color, but most of them do not have any of the four critical elements.

Tomorrow I will post the assembly instructions of motorkit competition version TC-32 here.

Versions of instruction assembly of circuits and custom kit would be appreciated.

#9 Pechuga_VLC

Pechuga_VLC

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:43 AM

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

s4.jpg