17 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

Don't forget we're back on the King track tomorrow at BPR!!  All the usual times with F1 tech at 10AM and all the usual stuff to follow...........lunch, controversy, Can Am, controversy, etc!!  Don't miss out on the fun!!

• MSwiss, Howie Ursaner, Tim Neja and 1 other like this

#2 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

I'll take Controversy for a $1000 Alex !   Your question,  who will be the first to say, is this body legal ? ? ?

Mill Conroy

AKA : TWO LAP CONROY, Anointed Trigger Monkey by Mike Swiss

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

Second Most Interesting Man in the World.

#3 Mike K

Mike K

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 01:07 PM

Your question,  who will be the first to say, is this body legal ? ? ?

Hopefully, the tech inspectors will let everyone know what the expectations are in advance (written rules) and there will not be any questions or controversy unless someone dredges the controversy up..........

So much DRAMA for such small cars....
Mike Kravitz

Don't DQ me for having the wrong SHADE of orange on my McLaren... after all, it's ONLY a toy car!!!

#4 MSwiss

MSwiss

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,372 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

Don't forget we're back on the King track tomorrow at BPR!!  All the usual times with F1 tech at 10AM and all the usual stuff to follow...........lunch, controversy, Can Am, controversy, etc!!  Don't miss out on the fun!!

Bryan,

It's good to see you've kept your humor with all the stuff going on at BP

I'll take Controversy for a $1000 Alex !   Your question,  who will be the first to say, is this body legal ? ? ?

Why do you bother to thank Bryan on Facebook, when he  isn't on Facebook?

Mike Swiss

IRRA® Components Committee Chairman
Five-time USRA National Champion (two G7, one G27, two G7 Senior)
Two-time G7 World Champion (1988, 1990)
Eight-time G7 King track single lap world record holder
17B West Ogden AveWestmont, IL 60559, ( 708) 203-8003
mikeswiss86@hotmail.com (also my PayPal address) 
Note: Send all USPS packages and mail to: 5858 Chase Ave., Downers Grove, IL 60516
Make checks out to Chicagoland Woodworking, Inc.

#5 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 12:22 AM

At BPR today, Ben Cervantes Jr was the winner in F1 with a runaway victory over Bill Vanderziel in 2nd and Mill Conroy in 3rd. Ben broke Duran Trujillos overall KIng Track lap record of 349 with a total of 350 laps!  Duran wanted to get into the fun and several hours later in Can Am broke Ben Jrs  record with a runaway victory himself and a new lap record of 352 laps!  Ben Jr was 2nd and a GREAT run by John Hegedus brought him home 3rd!  Congrats Ben Jr and Duran!!

Any controversy and pics to follow in the race report coming up shortly!!...............

• Tim Neja, JerseyJohn, Jim Lange and 1 other like this

#6 DPmax

DPmax

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:01 AM

And unless I'm mistaken Duran rolled to a stop right at the exit of the bank... just feet from 353!

Max Bowers

#7 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:55 AM

Wow! That is putting some serious laps down. Congrats to Ben Jr. and Duran.

Tom Eatherly

#8 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:06 PM

And unless I'm mistaken Duran rolled to a stop right at the exit of the bank... just feet from 353!

Max, and a great run yourself with your best lap total ever! :good:

#9 Phil Hackett

Phil Hackett

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:07 PM

Oh…. someone has to be running batteries in their controller… or they have a timed-released plastic solvent that lowers body weight as the race progresses… or maybe there's a hidden magnet zapper in their pits for that extra speed… or the dewar bottle full of liquid Nitrogen for dipping the motors into…. ya know, lower temp = lower resistance = more speed… I vote for the Burrito grease from Imperial Burger that's really slick, improves motor performance, makes the car weigh 10 grams less when it's on the track (Flubber?) and make the car impossible to fall off…. I'm sure the tech guys will come up with the method of measuring Burrito grease and making a rule for it…. :D  :crazy:  :laugh2:

• Mike K likes this
Click HERE to contact Sonic Products. The messenger feature on my Slotblog account has been disabled.

Posted Image

#10 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

Would a little cooler full of dry ice be OK?

#11 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

Good Evening.....Bryan, Crukrus, Mill, and all SCRAA [sp/syntax] Board members and racers....my driver fell out of my car I believe during heats 4-6 subsequent to broadsiding a car which de-slotted in front of me while coming off black lane into the lead off onto the main shoot...I know for a  fact that my "driver" was in during tech....Bryan brought to my attention  "during the heat of battle" and while I was fending off an attack from Mill for 3rd place, that my driver was not in the car....during that heat with about 1:28 minutes left, Bryan, a gracious gentleman, said, we could stop the race and allow time for me to put new driver in the car...I decided to keep racing, ahead of Mill for third for the remainder of the heat and and put new driver in  the car during the break between heats 6 and 7 (?)...Gentleman, I value all of your friendships and and "spirit de cours" as a fellow slot car racer.... I fended off a strong challenge from Mill for 2 or 3 heats, and took the 3rd place podium.....gentlemen, if  I gained an unfair advantage by not having a driver in my car for 1:28 seconds and/or  violated a rule to prevent the type of conduct engaged in, then I will withdraw my podium finish, and award it to Mill....I would appreciate "constructive" criticism from all who witnessed the race....I am not wounded by "constructive criticism"  on the issue...Sincerely John Hegedus

John Hegedus

#12 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:00 AM

John, I think you had a wonderful race, and I think that in the future, we should have just stopped the race, let you put the driver back in, and away we go.....We can wait for a moment, and it is no big deal, but it is a rule, and we used to get on Doug because he deliberately would lose the driver.....

Just like yesterday, if Ben Sr. had been able to just screw back on his wheel, then we give him a mulligan and wait....  But, the hub was broken, like as if a broken guide, and so we have to go to the green flag.... We are lenient , if a gear is loose, the SCRRA allows you to tighten it at the monthly race.  If a wheel comes off, we wait for you to tighten it on... Something small , it is no problem.

Since I was the racer affected , I congratulate you for a great car, race and finish....  Your third place is good with me.....  

We just need to make sure to enforce the rules that we have fairly, and then we are all good.....  Seems to me, we let you put in a driver, and then you are good to go....

• JerseyJohn likes this

Mill Conroy

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

#13 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 12:59 AM

Mill, you are a true yet fierce competitor.....a gentleman nonetheless.....I learned a lot....first side by side with Bryan for at least a heat...then you....and my family wants to know why I'm "hair challenged"....thanks again....I can't wait till  [syntax/grammar] the next race..You, Bryan, Terry, Debbie, Neja, I know I'm missing folks, oh yea, John Cukras [sp]  run a great race program...I have to work tomorrow,,,BUMMER DUDE....Sincerely John Hegedus  

John Hegedus

#14 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

John, it was fun racing with you this past weekend, and you deserved to be on the podium with a great run....  Now, everyone come out in two weeks, as the Flat Track race has been MOVED to the King Track, as a Warmup race for the Zimmerman, Festival of Speed....

So, come on out and join in the fun on April 11th !

Mill Conroy

#15 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

F1 and Can Am?  

John Hegedus

#16 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

Yes, on April 11, it will be F1 in the morning, and Can-Am in the afternoon, just like it was last Saturday. It will be a practice race for the Zimmerman.

Mill Conroy

#17 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:25 AM

John,

Don't forget that in our regular monthly races we are a bit more lenient in our rules enforcement than at the major events in regards to car problems during the races. When it was called to my attention that your interior was missing during one heat I told you to replace it during the lane change, which you did.

However, at next month's Zimmerman, if a car is running without an interior, it will be removed IMMEDIATELY and the interior will be replaced during power on racing conditions.

Great run on Saturday!! :)

#18 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

Mill and Bryan, can't run on the 11th....gotta get cars ready for the Zimmerman...and besides, I've had enough of you and Mill for awhile and Foamy needs time to ice his knees, back, neck, and the rest of his body!!!!!!! Very steep learning curve...and I mean steep!!! Thanks again for everything...great race and great company...John Hegedus   

John Hegedus

Electric Dreams Online Shop