chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:29 PM

A sad day.

209.JPG

Al Thurman
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed, and sold to people you hate." Von Dutch [Kenneth R. Howard] 1929-1992
."If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Pheonix." Dr Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005
"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?" - Jack Kerouac 1927-1969
"Hold my stones". Keith Stone
My link

#2 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:33 PM

169.JPG

Bill Macy, me, Craig, and Jon Maye. Photobomber is Bob Collaran.

Al Thurman
"Everything you love, everything meaningful with depth and history, all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated, mishandled, watered down, cheapened, repackaged, marketed, and sold to people you hate." Von Dutch [Kenneth R. Howard] 1929-1992
."If there is, in fact, a Heaven and a Hell, all we know for sure is that Hell will be a viciously overcrowded version of Pheonix." Dr Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005
"Whither goest thou, America, in thy shiny car in the night?" - Jack Kerouac 1927-1969
My link

#3 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

The party at the motel '08 Nats in Millwaukee. Rick Denig, Craig, me, and Rick Deroasa. 

197.JPG

And at the G3 Nats in Seattle in '09 with James Banta.

230.JPG

He brought joy and laughter into any room he walked into. He will truly be missed.

"Bob Lincoln will outlive us all."  Craig Northstine

Al Thurman
My link

#4 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,795 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 10:21 PM

My sincere condolences.

Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#5 Gator Bob

Gator Bob

Grand Champion Poster

• Banned
  • 12,739 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

Sorry to hear you lost a friend, Al.

Craig looks like a fun guy.

Bob Israelite

#6 Dennis David

Dennis David

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

And too young.

• race301 likes this

Dennis David

curb-line2.jpg

gph_sm.jpg

#7 Kevin Juliot

Kevin Juliot

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 08:52 AM

Wow, I'm stunned, way too young. I met him at the 06' Nats, him and his crew were pitted just a few feet from me. Really fun guy and good racer.

RIP Craig.

#8 John Miller

John Miller

This space for rent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

Craig is at the top of the list when it comes to my favorite people who understood life with the knowledge to extract every ounce from it. My heart is heavy to know that he walked on. I hope that he walks slow so I can catch up.
  • triggerman, race301, MSwiss and 1 other like this

"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

ProSlot.png

#9 chaparrAL

chaparrAL

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 09:26 PM

Craig Nothstine amp Bob Colleran  2014 Nats.jpg

Al Thurman
My link

#10 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 21,232 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 09:57 AM

Craig's obituary.

cn.jpg

Craig S. Nothstine, 54, Bay Settlement, Green Bay, passed away April 15, 2015, surrounded by his family. He was born September 18, 1960, to Charlie and Carol (Henning) Nothstine in Downers Grove, IL. Craig graduated from Waukesha South High School with the class of 1978. Following high school, he earned a B.A. in Communication and the Arts from the University of Wisconsin - Green Bay. He later attended the Art Institute of Chicago. Craig married the former Julie Christensen on August 17, 1985, at Grace Lutheran Church in Green Bay.

Craig had many passions; at a young age it was motocross, as he grew older and wiser this love for racing took the form of slot cars, a far less dangerous hobby. His love for slot cars led him to winning two national championships. If he wasn't on the track he was most likely in the kitchen, as cooking allowed him an outlet for his abundance of creativity. While he is no longer able to cook, this creativity will live on both in his art and his home, where Craig focused his energy on creating a truly one of a kind living space for his family. Most recently Craig became infatuated with the game of golf. He enjoyed nothing more then spending afternoons with his buddies at Oneida Country Club. Here he will be remembered not for how he played the game, but for the noises he made while doing so, "BOOM!" Above all, his children meant the world to him. He will be sadly missed by his family and many friends.

He is survived by his loving wife of 29 years, Julie Nothstine; his three children; Thor (Amanda Wolske) Nothstine; Max (Kimberly Marchetti) Nothstine; Isabella (Adam Tomcheck) Nothstine; his parents, Charlie and Carol Nothstine; mother-in-law, Eileen Christensen; two sisters-in-law, Sharon (Dale) Attoe; Mary (Gary) Detlor.

He was preceded in death by his paternal grandparents, Ralph and Neva Nothstine; maternal grandparents, Donald and Mary Henning; father-in-law, Willard Christensen.

Family and friends are invited to gather at Proko-Wall Funeral Home, 1630 E. Mason St., on Monday, April 20, from 3-7 PM. A memorial service will be held at 7 PM Monday, at the funeral home with Rev. David Hatch officiating. Friends are encouraged to bring along any photographs they have of Craig. Entombment in Nicolet Memorial Gardens. Online condolences may be expressed to Craig's family at www.prokowall.com.

The family would like to thank the employees at Straubel Paper Co. for their hard work and dedication. They would also like to thank the staffs at Green Bay Oncology, St. Vincent's ninth floor and Unity Hospice at the Jack & Engrid Meng Residence for the care given to Craig.
  • chaparrAL likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#11 Dennis David

Dennis David

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,681 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:52 PM

Was it a long term illness?

Dennis David

curb-line2.jpg

gph_sm.jpg

#12 Matt Sheldon

Matt Sheldon

Duffy HMI Executive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

I remember seeing Craig at Lucky Bob's a few times. Always smiling and laughing.

Some really sad loses within the slot car community lately.

Matt Sheldon

Electric Dreams Online Shop