Photo

Zimmerman Festival of Speed - Thanks to all!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cookandbottlewasher

cookandbottlewasher

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:17 PM

Festival Of Speed 4/25 - 4/26

Attached Images

• zimm 2.jpg
  • zimm 3.jpg
  • zimm 4.jpg
  • zimm 5.jpg
  • zimm7.jpg
  • zimm6.jpg
  • zimm 425.jpg

Deborah Watterson
Buena Park Raceway
6161 Lincoln Ave
Buena Park, CA 90620
(714) 827-9979

#2 Mark Wampler

Mark Wampler

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:58 PM

Hi Debbie.  I can count on a fun time when I drop in for a visit. :)  

See you at  the Western Classic, but maybe a surprise Flat Track race

before then.

You can quote me.

-Mark

#3 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:55 PM

Thanks to all the racers that came out in support of the Zimmerman Festival of Speed and Buena Park Raceway and the SCRRA.... Great turn out for the two days, and hope that more of you will come out for the next big race, The Western States.....

Mill Conroy

AKA : TWO LAP CONROY, Anointed Trigger Monkey by Mike Swiss

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

Second Most Interesting Man in the World.

#4 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:17 PM

Debbie, you have a great facility and attitude...thanks for everything...John Hegedus

• Jason Holmes likes this
John Hegedus

#5 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 11:23 PM

Debbie,

And a BIG thanks to you and Jim and Eddie and everyone at Buena Park Raceway for helping make the Festival of Speed such a great event!!

The SCRRA also wishes to thank the race sponsors for all their generous donations........... Truescale, DR Racing Products, Parma,  Alpha, Outisight,

Racemasters, V-Teck, Mill Conroy, Craig Correia, Bryan Warmack............THANKS!!

Also a few words of thanks for some of the racers who lent a hand,  Craig Correia,  Marc Franco, Bill Vanderziel, Mill Conroy, Alex Freund, Earl McCutcheon, Jason Holmes, Tim Neja,..........and anyone else who helped out........THANKS!!   :good:

Don't forget, after all this King Track madness for the last month, that the SCRRA is back on the BPR Flat track next Saturday, May 9th......... Add a little weight, turn down the controllers and come join the fun!!    See you there!

• Tim Neja likes this

#6 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 12:07 AM

Gentlemen, I forgot to thank Eddie for great track preparation for four days of testing and racing....thank you Eddie for your hard work and dedication to your trade...John Hegedus

John Hegedus

#7 redbackspyder

redbackspyder

Renegade, Mutineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

I would personally like to thank Eddie and his son, for all the hard work that they do to make our day at Buena Park Raceway a pleasurable one.   Eddie is always willing to spray a little extra glue, or clean something up if needed, and he is always asking if he can do something to make the track better.   His son is a real gentleman, who always has a smile and is extremely polite, courteous and is the kind of young man that slot racing needs, much like the great young man at Speedzone.   

The biggest Thanks goes to Bryan Warmack and John Cukras (John Wakamatsu).   John W. works behind the scenes with John Cukras and they did a great job on the plaques and to get the race prizes....  

Bryan Warmack can not be thanked enough for all the tireless work that he does, for all the S+++ that he takes from all the problems that arise, and for doing all that he does with Race Reports, Pictures, Tech Duties with John, and above all this, he still helps anyone who comes to his pit space , loaning cars, setting gears, while still managing to be at the top of the racing world.

Thank you to my fellow race directors, Bill V- Jason H- Alex F,  they really help me out by giving me a break , as I try to get the races set up quickly so that our program keeps moving along...  

Lastly,  THANK YOU JOHN ANDERSON,  the most generous donor of race prizes, as he has donated a DR40 hand controller at all the major races, we certainly appreciate your generosity and hopefully more people can benefit from a fantastic hand control.

To all of those that donated time or prizes, like VICTOR FERGUSON OF TRUESCALE, CHUCK VAUGHN OF  V TECK, RON HERSHMAN OF OUTISIGHT,  Buena Park Raceway, and I am sure I probably left out a few,   THANK YOU, we could not do it without you

Let's remember, our race sponsors donate merchandise out of the goodness of their hearts and their love for slot racing

P.S.    Sorry if any of you feel that I allow too many track calls, I really am trying to save the cars rather than to watch a hand built baby that someone has a lot of time and effort into destroyed... I love to see a spectacular crash as well as the next guy, but when you are on the driver's panel, and it is your car sitting helplessly off on the lead on, waiting to get blasted, you have a different feeling, just as when you yell "TRACK" and someone does not shut off the power and you end up on the floor or under the track....  Next time you get angry at the race director or turn marshal just remember, most of the time, you came off on your own, so try keeping it in or making more laps

• Tim Neja and Jason Holmes like this

Mill Conroy

AKA : TWO LAP CONROY, Anointed Trigger Monkey by Mike Swiss

Deal me life's toughest cards, without chance for hope nor fame, just let me play this one last hand, and I'll win this whole damn game.

Second Most Interesting Man in the World.

#8 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,453 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 11:23 AM

Fun weekend!! Thanks DR Racing for the new controller!! And thanks to ALL that helped make the weekend fun!! Bryan--and all for doing all the work necessary to put on an event!! SEE YOU SOON at the flat track!!

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#9 Zippity

Zippity

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 02:52 PM

P.S.    Sorry if any of you feel that I allow too many track calls, I really am trying to save the cars rather than to watch a hand built baby that someone has a lot of time and effort into destroyed...

Mill,

Never be sorry for making track calls to protect someone's investment.

It is something I do out here for that very same reason.

I just wished that more of my colleague race directors would do the same thing :)

#10 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:01 PM

I mentioned this elsewhere on here, but , I 'll say again; Great race day at the Zimmerman, and thanks a bunch to Bryan for a very good loaner. I was a bit rusty on the King and really didn't want to bust up a car from Bryan, but had FUN! Great bunch of racers and just BSing with everyone was neat. See you guys next weekend for the flat track race.

Tom Eatherly

Electric Dreams Online Shop