No replies to this topic

#1 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:25 PM

Electron Raceway is dedicated to promoting 1/24, hard body slot car racing. Our goal is to create a collegial and welcoming environment emphasizing fun and friendly competition. Realism, close racing and affordability are key elements of our racing program. Our group meets once or twice per month to race multiple classes of model cars.

The track is a non-commercial venture operated as a club. Electron Raceway is a custom built, four-lane, wood routed track located in a finished portion of my shop in Roseburg, Oregon. I designed the four lane track to include scenery and lighting for realism. Relatively tight turns and short straights showcase driving ability. The track’s footprint measures about 24x18 feet. Each lane is approximately 90 feet in length. A Rivergate 70 amp unit powers the track. Timing and scoring is provided by Trakmate. 

Our racing classes specify scale model plastic kits, production chassis, scale wheels and sealed motors. Classes encompass the Group C and GT1 era, modern and historic Trans Am, Can Am and endurance cars from the late 60s through early 70s, production and prototype sports cars and more. All classes utilize the Scholer or Plafit production chassis. Depending upon the class, either a sealed 16D or Falcon 7 type motor is specified.

Roseburg is also the home of Spare Time Raceway (STR), a custom wood routed private track located in an unfinished shop.  Classes for this facility are a mix of scale and non-scale wheeled hard body cars powered by 16D type motors.  I am a regular at STR and will report on weekly races and special events held at this facility.

Rich Vecchio

Electric Dreams Online Shop