7 replies to this topic

#1 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:49 PM

Slotblog is the new internet home for Electron Raceway! Thanks to Slotblog’s owner, Greg Wells for his interest in Electron Raceway and his dedication to slot car racing. The essence the Electron Raceway forum/site is summarized in the three “pinned” threads included in the “Welcome” forum. May I also suggest that you visit the “What’s New?” forum each and every time you visit Electron Raceway. The “pinned” thread alerts readers to new and/or updated postings for the entire Electron Raceway forum/subforums. The thread also serves to announce upcoming events at Electron Raceway.   

Slotblog has been kind enough to allow me the flexibility to create a site/forum with more of a look and feel of a stand-alone website. Sure, I expect postings and discussions but the site is also designed for two other purposes.

·        Serve as a tool to communicate with those who participate in events held at Electron Raceway and our sister track, Spare Time Raceway

·        Share my passion for 1/24 “True Scale” hard body racing with the much larger Slotblog community.

The following table is not only an outline of the site or hierarchy but may also be used to navigate the site quickly and easily.

Forum/Page

Description of Content

Welcome

·        Welcome

·        Mission Statement – Larger purpose in designing, building and racing at Electron Raceway

·        Building Electron Raceway – Includes facility location, design criteria, metamorphosis of our racing program

What's New at Electron Raceway?

View recent updates to the site and a “heads up” on new posts. Race announcements are also included in this thread

Electron Raceway Specs and Tour

Details including the Electron Raceway track footprint, number of lanes, turn radii, track power, timing and scoring software, etc. One of the “pinned” treads includes a pictorial tour of Electron Raceway and a “blueprint”

Electron Rules and Race Reports

·        Electron "True Scale" Rules

·        Electron Race Reports

·        STR Race Reports  includes a tour of Spare Time Raceway (STR) and images of the non-scale hard body classes raced at this track

Electron Raceway Classes

·        Overview

·        True Scale GT1

·        TA2

·        Historic Trans-Am

·        Cobra/Corvette Challenge

·        Can-Am

·        Gran Sport

·        Sports Car

Electron Raceway Projects

Members are encouraged to post a narrative and images of their latest “True Scale” build. Some posts may be quite detailed while others might include a brief description and image(s).  Posts include:

·        Building the Ultimate GT1

·        Ferrari 458 Build

Electron's Roving Reporter

When traveling, I enjoy visiting slot racing facilities, especially those focused on scale racing. Articles will include several past experiences such as racing with the Arizona Garage Racing group (AZGR) in the Phoenix Arizona area, racing at Sidewinder Raceway in the Sacramento California area, the Slot Car Convention held at Cruzin’ Hobbies plus in Chandler Arizona and much more. In addition to these retrospectives, I’ll post articles on brand new experiences.

Rich Vecchio

#2 Roger U

Roger U

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

Rich,

Good to see this section covering your racing program, track, and cars. Looks like a nice, and challenging, track and I like the classes of cars you guys race.

Have fun with your racing.

Roger Uusitalo

#3 James Wendel

James Wendel

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:42 PM

Wow, Rich, I remember that you mentioned that you were transferring your website from Yahoo to Slotblog, but I had no idea the scope of your endeavor. 

Well done, my friend.  :D

You can't always get what you want...

#4 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:28 AM

Good to see this section covering your racing program, track, and cars. Looks like a nice, and challenging, track and I like the classes of cars you guys race.

Roger,

Thanks. I watch BP's hardbody results and images and appreciate what you guys do in ScCal. The scratchbuilts are awesome.

Rich Vecchio

#5 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

Wow, Rich, I remember that you mentioned that you were transferring your website from Yahoo to Slotblog, but I had no idea the scope of your endeavor. 

James,

Thanks. I really believe this is the way to go. The site is a work in progress so stay tuned!

Rich Vecchio

#6 Dayble

Dayble

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

Looking good Sir!

Dave Deuble

AZGR One

I'd rather be racing!

#7 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:15 PM

Looking good Sir!

Thanks Dave. Glad you had a chance to check out the site. Check back and look for what is new on the site in the What's New Thread. This is a work in progress and I will be filling the site with new information on a regular basis

Rich Vecchio

#8 rvec

rvec

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

Thanks James. Much more to come. Slotblog is so much more flexible and easy to navigate. This will be our permanent home!

Rich Vecchio

Electric Dreams Online Shop