#1 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

Fellas,

The C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club will meet Thursday July 2, 2015 at THE RACE PLACE  Rt 33w. Farmingdale N.J. at 7:30 PM.

Peter J. Linszky
6/30/54-6/27/22
Requiescat in Pace

#2 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:17 PM

Folks,

Low turnout for the July meeting so I took the time to run some of my older FLEXI cars around the upstairs track, yes I said FLEXI cars ! It seems to me that if a 1:1 scale car is classified as " A Classic", then why can't the same thing be said for slot cars ?

The track in question was somewhat slippery and I had some difficulties hooking up most of the cars. All that is except the Ultimate Indy car. I ran the car for numerous laps and steadily lowered my lap times 'til I was firmly in the 6.500 bracket. I no longer race so I'm at a slight disadvantage when it comes to really  running the cars hard as with no one else out on the track it's not easy to "push" them.

However, once having the rhythm I did decide to "push" the car and got down to the 6.300 s. Then a problem, the car started slowing ever so slightly. I thought the old motor had finally given up. The car quickly informed me that a gear was slipping, pinion solder joint must have quit. So I check the car out and to my surprise it was the spur that loosened up.

After a quick tune up that fixed the gear, some oil and braid juice I returned the car to the track and with renewed enthusiasm, I eventually got the car down to a 6.125, the car's best for the evening !!! Here's some pics...with of the "diaper motor" still untouched after many years !!!

Attached Images

• DSCN5088.JPG
  • DSCN5106.JPG
  • DSCN5089.JPG

Peter J. Linszky
6/30/54-6/27/22
Requiescat in Pace

Electric Dreams Online Shop