5 replies to this topic

#1 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:48 AM

Considering all the noise about the bicycle-powered slot car track at the Pan Am Games, I thought this might be of interest.

The funniest part is the many of the comments on the product's Facebook page and elsewhere about this new product mirror some of the remarks made in the world's largest wooden track thread here at Slotblog. Seems there's a significant level of "bicycling snobbery", as many sniff that someone would have to be lazy, etc., to want one of these.

One reasonable concern is that of security, especially since the Copenhagen Wheel goes for $949!

Still, this is a very interesting concept IMO.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#2 Half Fast

Half Fast

Keeper Of Odd Knowledge

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:20 AM

No snark today. This is an interesting concept and the price is not THAT crazy considering the number of $2K-3K carbon fiber road bikes today.

Cheers from Cassandra's older brother,

Bill Botjer

Faster then, wiser now.

The most dangerous form of ignorance is not knowing that you don't know anything!

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity

#3 Tex

Tex

Grand Champion Poster

• 9,227 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:35 AM

Pretty cool. The price "should" come down as more units are produced/sold. I'd invest in that idea.

Richard L. Hofer

Remember, two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do! Only you're a block over and a block behind.

#4 hiline2

hiline2

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:00 AM

Interesting!! :clapping:  :victory:  :good:

Paul Bass

#5 Pappy

Pappy

Grand Champion Poster

• 14,067 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:23 PM

Seems there's a significant level of "bicycling snobbery",

It's not bicycling snobbery, it's just us round bellies against the flat bellies who ride bicycles.  :aggressive:  :tease:

Jim "Butch" Dunaway 

I don't always go the extra mile, but when I do it's because I missed my exit. 
All my life I've strived to keep from becoming a millionaire, so far I've succeeded. 
There are three kinds of people in the world, those that are good at math and those that aren't. 
No matter how big of a hammer you use, you can't pound common sense into stupid people, believe me, I've tried.

2000 Jackasses

#6 n.elmholt

n.elmholt

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:28 PM

Two months ago I bought a bike with electric drive. We live on a road which inclines 20% outside my windows and having experienced problems with both my knees (and surgery on one), I stopped bicycling after the surgery. 

After I got the electric bike, I can go wherever I want without putting too much strain on my knees, due to the electric motor. The bike is basically a normal three gears gentleman's bike, but with an electric motor mounted in the front hub and a 36v 12Ah Accu-pack mounted below the luggage rack on top of the rear wheel. The motor is controlled by the left handle and the gear selector is in the right handle. This works very well.  :-)  The electric drive only works, when the pedals are used.

3959.jpg

Its not as fancy as the Copenhagen wheel, but a great invention and I am very happy for my new bike :-)

here is my bike with the Vejle Fjord in the background

11227590_10207306467684589_1097311055490

Niels, DK

• Cheater, MSwiss and C. J. Bupgoo like this

Niels Elmholt Christensen, DK
www.racecars.dk - my Picasa Photos

Electric Dreams Online Shop