• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hiline2

hiline2

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:23 PM

It seems that my topic I started in the eBay forum is no longer accessible (at least to me)?

May I ask why? Was there something that offended someone?

It seemed to have a good deal of discussion and replies to it.

So, seeing it was topic started it might have been just polite to send me a message as to why it is now gone?
Paul Bass

#2 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,539 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

Paul,

Once an eBay listing expires, we delete its thread from the eBay forum simply because it will fill up quite quickly if we don't. Every electron that's kept here has a cost associated with its retention.

If the item has been sold, or the listing removed, the thinking is that the thread doesn't need to be retained.

If you feel there was valuable info in that thread, I can recover it and move it elsewhere so it does remain. Give me an idea of the subject line please so I can locate it in the hidden trash can.

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#3 Bill from NH

Bill from NH

Age scrubs away speed!

• 14,274 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:49 PM

Greg,

I deleted it after the auctions both ended and there hadn't been any new postings made for several days. It was titled "Was it worth it" or something similar. The initial posts talked about Joe Lupo's sealed Russkit Ferrari F1 kit and a Cox Gurney NASCAR painted gold and white. What surprised me is that neither item's price increased significantly during the week or ten days they were listed in the eBay forum, perhaps about a $100 each.
Bill Fernald

I intend to live forever!  So far, so good.  :laugh2:  :laugh2: 

#4 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 25,539 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:17 PM

Paul,

Bill helps me immeasurably by moderating the eBay forum (thank you again, Bill!) and he is simply following my suggestions as to how best to approach that task.

As I said, Paul, if you feel the content of the thread is worth saving, I'll be glad to take a look at it and consider moving it into a forum where it will be retained. Please let me know your thoughts on this.
  • Rick Crutchfield likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

#5 hiline2

hiline2

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:20 AM

Thank you for the reply, that makes sense on the "eBay" forum. Had I known that I'd posted it over in the 1/24 Vintage forum.

I think my original subject title was what I intended so yes please move over to " Production 1/24 Vintage Cars". Seeing that many of us  like the vintage cars and watch for finds on eBay the discussion of value can always be of interest I think. :victory: 

• Samiam likes this
Paul Bass

#6 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • 25,539 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:04 PM

Done.

Gregory Wells

Electric Dreams Online Shop