• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Steve H.

Steve H.

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:14 PM

So, since it looks like C-Cans have been eliminated from GTP, can you run Super 16D's as before?

For all classes, is there a minimum tire diameter, and is it only checked before the race? Is there a post race clearance check?
Steve Holowiecki

#2 Race O' Rama

Race O' Rama

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:37 PM

Hey Steve it's (H/O) Karl from the old J & B Raceways now Race O'Rama Hobbies & Raceways in N. Baltimore, Ohio, the 16D thing is gone there is no more Parma motors anymore, the GT1 class has Retro Hawk motors with 10/36 gearing, and The GTP now have PS FK motors in them as a way to bring in new people, things have changed a lot and the inmates are running the asylum now, since Bear & Frank are both gone. The OCC also has a FB page nowadays

Karl Hoffheins

4/8/65-8/16/22
Requiescat in Pace

#3 Cap Henry

Cap Henry

CHR Cars

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

Steven, GTP is now only Pro-Slot FK. 

Karl, S16D and 16D are still available from Pro-Slot...

#4 Arne Saknussem

Arne Saknussem

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:43 PM

I was on my way to Lester's (NESCR) on the 19th but some unfortunate car problems put an end to that trip.  My GTP had a Competitor in it which was a legal motor according to the rules on Facebook.  Now I see from the above that the PS FK is the only motor allowed.  Was the decision to go to the PS FK made recently and announced on the 19th or was it the only motor from the beginning of the season?

Just a suggestion... how about updating the rules (from 2013) in the Slotblog Rules Library?

Hope to make it next time.

PS: Is the following correct?

GT1 is Retro Hawk only

GTP is PS FK only

LMP is 16D only (using American or Chinese arms and any "commercially available" 16D can and mags)

Pete Varlan

60 years a slot racer

#5 Cap Henry

Cap Henry

CHR Cars

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:47 PM

Let me double check the motors on GTP, I could be wrong.

You're right on everything else.

The rules aren't updated because it's now group run VS a single person. I attempted to post the rules earlier but was't allowed to post word documents

#6 Steve H.

Steve H.

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for the answers guys. Anyone know about the tire diameters and clearance rules?

Cap, let us know what you find out about GTP motors. Wondering if my Super 16D's are paper weights now too.
Steve Holowiecki

#7 Mad Mexican

Mad Mexican

Safer Barrier Tester!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

Hola Amigos,

The GTP class motor decision was made at the end of last season to go solely with the SEALED PSFK motors by Pro Slot.

The Group 10 Motors are the regular American or Chinese TAGGED 16d motors.  The OCC at this time floating with a committee like forum. to keep things going for this season.

Adios Amigos

Javier Zavala
In loving memory of my mother Francisca Escalante Zavala
March 24, 1927 - April 5, 2011
Vaya Con Dios

#8 Mad Mexican

Mad Mexican

Safer Barrier Tester!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

GTP

1.0 Purpose: OCC GTP is a Class designed to provide racers with challenging, fast builder s

Class, Sealed Pro Slot 4002 FK motor. Bodies are high-downforce. Chassis`s

are the same as the other OCC Classes, so skills learned in GT-1, and LMP carry over to GTP.

2.0 General Rules apply.

3.0 Gearing: May run any gears, 3/32 or 1/8 axles, NO hollow axles.

4.0 Controllers: any

5.0 Body:

• 5.1 May run any body from approved list.

• 5.2 Painting and decoration: See General Technical Rules.

• 5.3 Coupe (enclosed) bodies must have full interior- such as Parma GTP interior; NO card

stock interiors, or paper drivers are permitted. Driver figures must be painted, and detailed using

markers or paint.

• 5.4 Open bodies with molded-in driver figures must have driver detailed, using paint, or

marker. Open bodies with no molded in driver must have a driver and interior such as Parma

808, painted and detailed, added. Interior/driver must block view of chassis.

• 5.5 Must retain a min. 1mm. (.039") "vertical" front bumper.

• 5.6 Rear of body may be fully cut out.

• 5.7 Max. rear wing height 1-5/8" from tech block.

• 5.8 Approved Bodies- OCC GTP Class; any approved OCC GT-1 OR LMP body, Updated as

new bodies are released suitable for Class PLUS:

-Parma

Magnum WSC 70505

Intrepid 1103

Intrepid SS 70506

R8R SS WSC 70512

Lola SS 70514 Storm 70516

Ultimate Intrepid 70519

Courage WSC 70522

R&S WSC 70523

Cadillac/ HD 70525, 70526

-JK Products

Ult. Peugeot Coupe 7014

Ult. Peugeot Open 7070

Ult. Peugeot Open 70701

-Outisight

Ultimate BMW OS 065U

Bentlee OS 068

Bentlee HS OS 069

Mercedes OS 066

Cadillac OS 067

Ultimate 333 OS 062U

Ultimate BMW OS-300

Ultimate BMW OS-301

Audi OS-342

Acura GTP OS-343

-Kelly

Mercedes GTP KE1758

HD Caddy GTP KE1760

Diablo GTP KE1756

-Red Fox

Fighter HD Long RFSC41L

Fighter HD Short RFSC41S

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!

6.16.12 Sealed Pro Slot 4002 FK motor, may change the brushes and Springs. No other modifications are allowed to the motor.

Javier Zavala
Vaya Con Dios

#9 Arne Saknussem

Arne Saknussem

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:26 AM

The GTP class motor decision was made at the end of last season to go solely with the SEALED PSFK motors by Pro Slot.

The Group 10 Motors are the regular American or Chinese TAGGED 16d motors.  The OCC at this time floating with a committee like forum. to keep things going for this season.

Muchas gracias, Javier & Cap.  Looks like I would have shown up with the wrong motor.  Easy enough to change, I guess.

And not to p*** anyone off, but (IMO) a PS FK is not a proper motor for a "fast builder's class" if you get my point.  What it does give you (also IMO) is a pretty good fast-ish, low cost (FK motor), easier to drive (HD bods) class that a guy could move to from GT1.

Hope all goes well for the series this year.

• Rob Voska likes this

Pete Varlan

60 years a slot racer

#10 Mad Mexican

Mad Mexican

Safer Barrier Tester!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:24 PM

Amigos,

Yes the GTP class once upon time was a motor builder class for the purist . BUT as time went on the C-Can motors in GTP became a cost burden for some and the purist went on to other pastures. Which meant that this class was losing entries compare to the other two classes (GT1 and LMP Group 10). To revive GTP last season the OCC split the the field with C-Cans entries and PSFK entires. Through out last season majority of the racers saw that the lap times were not to far off the C-Can times. In which we have a cost factor a $15.00 motor almost out performing a $90.00 motor. I not sure in anyone saw the OCC race report for NESCR but this was a first time in along time that OCC fielded two heats of GTP! In order for any traveling series to survive you need to balance out the cost racing for each class to fulfill the entries of all three classes if not the GTP C-cans would have only field maybe four to six entries. Yes the keyboard racers are mocking what the OCC did, BUT the end result is that GTP with PSFK motor is no longer on the endangered species list.

Adios Amigos

12027332_10203370491261952_8502824152668

• One_Track_Mind and Dan Ebert like this
Javier Zavala
Vaya Con Dios

#11 Cap Henry

Cap Henry

CHR Cars

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:43 PM

Steve shoot me a PM what you have for S16D, I have use for them with another group, but yes they're useless in OCC

Pete, you're right it's made GTP a non builders class, I wasn't very good with C-Can motors, but once I got a couple good ones I greatly enjoyed the class, oh well, have to stick with the trends. But Jay is right, at HMS, a fast King, my best C-Can was only a tenth faster then the fastest PS FK.

• Mad Mexican likes this

Electric Dreams Online Shop