• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 12:34 AM

I'm sure most of the BPR racers know all about the Nascar Enduro scheduled for the morning of Saturday, October 24. It will be the first race of the day and will be followed by F1 and both races will be on the King track   Nascar tech inspection will open at 9AM and we hope to begin the race by 9:30 so we intend to move things along smartly!  Lane choice will be determined by Concours placing.

The race format will be 12 minutes on each lane and each team will run all eight lanes TWICE so the total duration of the race will be 3 hrs and 12 minutes.  Lane changes will be ONE minute and work is allowed on the cars during changes.  With the exception of the body and chassis any parts may be changed during the race as long as the car remains legal.  Rear tires will not be policed and the only rule governing this will be........DON'T DRAG THE TRACK.  Any car determined to be dragging will be immediately removed and fixed with the power on.

One item that needs a little clarification is the interiors.  Interiors must fully connect the entire cockpit window area and a 3 dimensional driver must be fully visible when viewed from the side.  More on this in another thread to follow.

DSC06013.JPG

Presently 10 teams are finalized but a driver could be added here or there.........

1.  "Team Innovator"         Nesta Szabo,    Jerry Johnson,    TJ Albu,      Jason Holmes

2.  "Team Hi Tech #1"          Jim Lange,      Sam Rackham,    Tim Hould,     Tim Neja

3.  "Team Trujillo"           Duran Trujillo,      Henry Trujillo,       Alex Freund,      Bill Vanderziel

4.      John Cukras,      Terry Schmid,       Dennis Rios,      Earl McCutcheon

5.   "Team Burro"     Mill Conroy,     Phil Nyland,      Marc Franco,     Bryan Warmack,     Philippe deLespinay

6.       Dennis "Foamy" Hill,      Don Campbell,      Rick Linn,       Bob Crane

7.   " Music Police"      Jay Henry,    Eddie Shorer,      Danny,      Mike Brannian

8.   "Team Hi Tech #2"      Ben Cervantes Sr,     Ben Cervantes Jr,      James Grinstead

9.       John Hegedus,     Chuck Vaughn,     Max Bowers,    Jim Lane,     Jimi Bling

10.  "Code 80"     Victor Dubrowsky,    Hector Gonzales,    Jim Watterson,    Tom Schiavo

The entry fee will be the normal schedule for major races at BPR and will be for individuals not teams.  1st race  $15,    2nd race  $12  and a 3rd race $10.

The interest for this new event is very good and a Nascar Enduro could become a fixture on the SCRRA race schedule!

• Tim Neja and CoastalAngler1 like this

#2 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

Team 5 has officially registered and will be referred to henceforth as "Team Burro". :sun_bespectacled:

If other teams wish to name themselves please do so anytime!

#3 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:37 PM

Another Enduro team added today and several teams have added names.................

Team 3 will be  Team Trujillo

Team 7 will be  Music Police

Team 8 will be  Team Hi Tech II

And the newly formed Team 10 consisting of Victor Dubrowsky,  Hector Gonzales,  Jim Watterson and Tom Schiavo will be  Code 80

And more than a few racers were testing new Nascars with both Hi Tech Teams and Team Trujillo getting into the 4.3's!!

P1100310.JPG

#4 Bob Crane

Bob Crane

Mid-Pack Racer

• Member at Peace
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:07 AM

I'm sure most of the BPR racers know all about the Nascar Enduro scheduled for the morning of Saturday, October 24. It will be the first race of the day and will be followed by F1 and both races will be on the King track   Nascar tech inspection will open at 9AM and we hope to begin the race by 9:30 so we intend to move things along smartly!  Lane choice will be determined by Concours placing.

The race format will be 12 minutes on each lane and each team will run all eight lanes TWICE so the total duration of the race will be 3 hrs and 12 minutes.  Lane changes will be ONE minute and work is allowed on the cars during changes.  With the exception of the body and chassis any parts may be changed during the race as long as the car remains legal.  Rear tires will not be policed and the only rule governing this will be........DON'T DRAG THE TRACK.  Any car determined to be dragging will be immediately removed and fixed with the power on.

One item that needs a little clarification is the interiors.  Interiors must fully connect the entire cockpit window area and a 3 dimensional driver must be fully visible when viewed from the side.  More on this in another thread to follow.

attachicon.gifDSC06013.JPG

Presently 9 teams are finalized but a driver could be added here or there..........Most have no name yet!

1.    Team Innovator          Nesta Szabo,    Jerry Johnson,    TJ Albu,      Jason Holmes

2.    Team HiTech             Jim Lange,      Sam Rackham,    Tim Hould,     Tim Neja

3.      Duran Trujillo,      Henry Trujillo,       Alex Freund,      Bill Vanderziel

4.     John Cukras,      Terry Schmid,       Dennis Rios,      Earl McCutcheon

5.     Team Burro      Mill Conroy,      Phil Nyland,      Marc Franco,      Bryan Warmack,      Philippe deLespinay

6.      Dennis "Foamy" Hill,      Don Campbell,      Rick Linn 

7.      Jay Henry,    Eddie Shorer,      Danny,      Mike Brannian

8.      Ben Cervantes Sr,     Ben Cervantes Jr,      James Grinstead

9.      John Hegedus,     Chuck Vaughn,     Max Bowers,    Jim Lane,     Jimi Bling

The entry fee will be the normal schedule for major races at BPR and will be for individuals not teams.  1st race  $15,    2nd race  $12  and a 3rd race $10.

The interest for this new event is very good and a Nascar Enduro could become a fixture on the SCRRA race schedule!

Hey Brian, can you get me on a team. I know its late, but sombody could add a new teammate.

Thanks STORK

1/12/54-9/25/23
Requiescat in Pace

#5 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:45 PM

Bob,

No problem!! I'll be in touch!!

#6 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:05 PM

Bob,  

You've been added to Team 6..........Foamy,  Don Campbell,  Rick Linn and now yourself. :)

#7 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:59 PM

This is gonna fun to watch!

Tom Eatherly

#8 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• Partial Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:52 PM

Pssssssssssst...hello ya all...The Team 9 enduro Stock Car built by Foamy, driven by John H. Chuck Vaughn, Jimmy Bling and Jim Lane, came out of the "box" at 4.34 on white lane in qualifying trim.....with a bad body and worn out motor...just saying.....

John Hegedus

#9 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:15 AM

Pssssssssssst...hello ya all...The Team 9 enduro Stock Car built by Foamy, driven by John H. Chuck Vaughn, Jimmy Bling and Jim Lane, came out of the "box" at 4.34 on white lane in qualifying trim.....with a bad body and worn out motor...just saying.....

John,

Can Team Burro have your motor?................

#10 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• Partial Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:47 PM

Yes....

John Hegedus

#11 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:11 AM

Yes....

John,

Thanks!!   It's great that we can all share here!!.................. Can Team Burro have your chassis?  :laugh2:

• Phil Nyland likes this

#12 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:55 PM

Just a few days to go to the Boola Bash!  As mentioned we will make every attempt to move the Enduro along and get started by 9:30AM so try to bring all the Nascars to the tech table fully legal to speed things up................4 1/2" long,  Can Am tires, width and clearances, legal 3D drivers and interiors fully connecting the windows with no part of the chassis seen when viewed from above, etc., etc.

Several racers have asked about track calls for the Enduro.  The only certain track calls will be under the bridge and on the lead on as usual when the cars exceed the marshall's reach on the straight.  However, the normal procedure of track calls when cars are simply on the floor will be overlooked at the Enduro and the marshalls will just get everyone back on as quick as they can. If a car is under the track or can't be reached or found that will certainly be a track call. So, for all the race directors, a car or cars on the floor will NOT be an automatic track call unless the marshalls can't reasonably retrieve them.

As mentioned also, there is no qualifying and Concours placing will determine lane choice.  If someone is late for whatever reason, no problem as there are no rules as to driving order or duration. Show up late and you have 3 hours to convince your team mates to let you drive a couple heats!  :laugh2:  See you there!  :good:

#13 DFranklin

DFranklin

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:16 AM

Bryan,   I know it is extremely late in asking this, but if there is an opening on any team ask them if I may join them for the enduro.  I know that I can not drive all of the heats but I will try and do as many as I am allowed to try.  I don't know if i am allowed to use the stool during the race, but it would be nice.    I want to thank you for listening to this.

Dave

David Cantwell :sun_bespectacled: 

#14 DCR

DCR

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:08 AM

………Team Pink Weenie!…………….DC

Attached Images

• Pinlk car.jpeg

• Tim Neja and Michael Rigsby like this
Don Campbell 
"DCR Slot Cars" on FaceBook

#15 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:12 AM

Bryan,   I know it is extremely late in asking this, but if there is an opening on any team ask them if I may join them for the enduro.  I know that I can not drive all of the heats but I will try and do as many as I am allowed to try.  I don't know if i am allowed to use the stool during the race, but it would be nice.    I want to thank you for listening to this.

Dave

Dave,

Just show up and you can run a couple heats on our team! :)

#16 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

I'll be there tomorrow at 8 am to watch the Enduro and just yak at people. If anyone needs to be relieved as a driver, I can help out .

Tom Eatherly

#17 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Debbie at BPR says the doors will open at 7AM tomorrow and that the track will be cleaned and glued after the Retro Pro race tonight.  Once again, Nascar tech opens at 9AM and we hope to get things underway no later than 9:30 so be ready!  :)

#18 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 12:28 AM

At the Boola Bash races, yesterday and today, the Retro Pro race last night was won by Ben Cervantes Jr, with Tore Anderson 2nd and Sam Rackham 3rd.

In the very successful Nascar Enduro held today, Team Hi Tech II prevailed in a close victory over  One Adam 12,  Team Hi Tech I and Team Burro. A super race and all pics in the race report.

In F1,  Ben Cervantes Jr was the winner over Bryan Warmack in 2nd and Alex Freund in 3rd.

Can Am tomorrow............

• MSwiss, Howie Ursaner, Tim Neja and 3 others like this

#19 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:24 PM

In the Boola Bash today, the Can Am action saw John Hegedus as TQ with a 3,87 followed closely by Mill Conroy, Sam Rackham and Ben Cervantes Jr.  A 3.98 saw Rick Linn as 7th and first choice in the B Main so all the usual fast and close crowd!  The Can Am A Main results saw Sam Rackham on top in a close battle with Bryan Warmack and John Hegedus in 3rd.

All pics and results coming up shortly in the Boola Bash race report.....................

• MSwiss and kvanpelt like this

#20 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:21 PM

A little correction here in the Friday night Boola Bash Retro Pro race.  I wasn't there and have been told that 3rd place wasn't John Hegedus but Sam Rackham with Dennis Samson coming home 4th.

#21 DPmax

DPmax

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:00 AM

Overall a very fun three days... that my body will take a month to recover from!

Max Bowers

#22 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• Partial Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

Max, John Hegedus here. You drove a great Stock Car race..we had that "dangling wire" problem....thanks to you, Chuck, Jim Lane, and Jimmy Bling for the teamwork, synergism, and focus in that race....Special shout out to Mr. "Bling" on his commitment to practice, preparation, more practice, and staying in the slot in both Stock Car and Can Am races.  I commend him in his great improvement in qualifying and finish positions. Oppsie....thanks to Foamy for the great Stock Car.....when can we race that Stock Car again? Womack and the SCRRA board...can we do a monthly Stock Car race? If yes, when? Please advise. Thanks to all again..especially to Don Campbell for his great sense of humor,technological input and driving strategy. Donnie,[sp] here's to you and that green glass of malt liquor!!!!!! , 

John Hegedus

#23 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 06:25 PM

Overall a very fun three days... that my body will take a month to recover from!

The next planned Nascar event will be early next year and will be 24 HRS.  3 man teams.  One hour heats....................

RECOVER??!!!................. The ambulances would be circling Buena Park!! :laugh2:

#24 9lives

9lives

Mid-Pack Racer

• Partial Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:13 AM

Bryan, has anyone talked with Craig Correia? Is he OK....? Please advise. 24 hour enduro?  Will it be limited in number of teams? Please advise.  

John Hegedus

#25 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,607 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

Bryan, has anyone talked with Craig Correia? Is he OK....? Please advise. 24 hour enduro?  Will it be limited in number of teams? Please advise.  

John,

I think Craig is hanging in there but I haven't talked to him for a while.  I spoke to Jim Lange yesterday and he said he would certainly help out in any way in Retro Pro at BPR.  He is trying to get some pics from James Grinstead and post them and the results from the Boola Bash race.

No 24 Hr Enduro is planned......... :heat:

Electric Dreams Online Shop