8 replies to this topic

#1 The Number of

The Number of

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

With the advent of the ISRA worlds coming to Chicago in 2016 now would be a good time to get started in planning if you are going to try to enter any of the events. I have been unable to find much info on time, date, and location so far. From what I have been able to garner the process is tedious and deadline dependent if you are not one of the ranked drivers. Roger Schmitt is the USA delegate to the ISRA and I hope he will join in with info on the process and needed websites and registration info as needed.

From the ISRA website: only printing what is needed for USA...

1.8 Registration
Non ranked ISRA drivers cannot register for the Worlds by themselves. They need to be introduced by their national delegate, i.e. Roger

When all registration requirements are completed, a confirmation must appear on the organizers official website. (Any idea where this is?)

1.10 ISRA driver licenses

The ISRA driver license is Euro 10 per year. (Who and where do you pay?)

This is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg, as much info ASAP would be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Bill
Bill Fulmer

The lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

#2 TG Racing

TG Racing

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:52 AM

Kind of sounds like F1 at COTA with no American drivers.

Thom Greene

#3 wbugenis

wbugenis

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

I really don't feel like going to the rulebook, but I think the rule is the host nation's (US) entries are limited to the greatest number of guest nation entries. That is, if the number of entries from CZ is 10, and that is the greatest number of guest nation entries, then the US is limited to 10 entries - ranked drivers (those that went to Prague this year) first.

There is no limit to the number of Production team race entries.

William Bugenis

#4 Matt Sheldon

Matt Sheldon

Duffy HMI Executive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:38 AM

If this means this class is open to all, then I am in!

Matt Sheldon

#5 wbugenis

wbugenis

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 12:06 PM

The ISRA Worlds is worth going just to watch.  Anybody can enter the production team race and then watch the big dogs run!

ISRA website here;

http://isra-slot.com...a/rulebook.html

• Rob Voska likes this
William Bugenis

#6 MikeC

MikeC

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:17 PM

I really don't feel like going to the reulebook, but I think the rule is the host nation's (US) entries are limited to the greatest number of guest nation entries. That is, if the number of entries from CZ is 10, and that is the greatest number of guest nation entries, then the US is limited to 10 entries - ranked drivers (those that went to Prague this year) first.

Almost...  The way it actually reads, and was applied, is that once the entry count gets to 104, the host country can "Match" the highest non-host delegation...   So, once we hit 104 entries, if England sends 15 people, then the US can match with 15, assuming there aren't already 15 from the US entered. 

Since only 16 US racers will have ranking next year (Those that went this year), those 16 racers will get in first, in order of rank.

If the entry count doesn't get to 104 (Or 120, I'm not sure what number they are going to use, and even that may have changed at the rules vote this year...Haven't heard), then the US is allowed to fill any remaining spots, up to whatever limit there is, with US drivers.  I can only assume those will be filled from a waiting list, or something similar, on a first-come, first served basis, but I'm not sure on that...  Perhaps there will be points awarded at a warm-up race or something that will be used to "rank" non-ranked US drivers...

And, as mentioned, everyone can race the production class.  That happened this year.  A lot of "locals" came and raced that class only.

It is an awesome experience, and if you can make it, even just to watch, it is worth it.

• Matt Sheldon likes this

Michael Colvin

- Pit dads of the world unite! -

#7 The Number of

The Number of

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

Almost...  The way it actually reads, and was applied, is that once the entry count gets to 104, the host country can "Match" the highest non-host delegation...   So, once we hit 104 entries, if England sends 15 people, then the US can match with 15, assuming there aren't already 15 from the US entered. 

Since only 16 US racers will have ranking next year (Those that went this year), those 16 racers will get in first, in order of rank.

If the entry count doesn't get to 104 (Or 120, I'm not sure what number they are going to use, and even that may have changed at the rules vote this year...Haven't heard), then the US is allowed to fill any remaining spots, up to whatever limit there is, with US drivers.  I can only assume those will be filled from a waiting list, or something similar, on a first-come, first served basis, but I'm not sure on that...  Perhaps there will be points awarded at a warm-up race or something that will be used to "rank" non-ranked US drivers...

And, as mentioned, everyone can race the production class.  That happened this year.  A lot of "locals" came and raced that class only.

It is an awesome experience, and if you can make it, even just to watch, it is worth it.

As Michael outlines in the above post,no one outside the organizers of the race know for sure what the process will be,the sooner it is clear the better prepared everyone can be.

Bill Fulmer

The lack of any credible evidence is proof the conspiracy is working!

#8 Roger Schmitt

Roger Schmitt

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

Guys,

Please let me get over jet lag. I will answer all your questions soon.

Here is a link to check out:

ISRA World Championships

Roger Schmitt
Mid-America Raceway & Hobbies
Home of Ryder the Track Dog
(630) 484-8574

2009, 2011, 2017 scale nats

2013 Wing Nats

2010, 2016 ISRA World Chamionships

MidAMRacewayLogo500(2).gif

Mid-America Raceway slot car store
Mid-America Raceway eBay Auctions

#9 Roger Schmitt

Roger Schmitt

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 05:08 PM

Here is the link to register

http://2016.israworlds.com/

Anyone can race in the production team race.  No one will be turned away.

You can register for the other races but unless you have points already the chance of racing is slim.

Thanks,

Roger

Roger Schmitt
Mid-America Raceway & Hobbies
Home of Ryder the Track Dog
(630) 484-8574

2009, 2011, 2017 scale nats

2013 Wing Nats

2010, 2016 ISRA World Chamionships

MidAMRacewayLogo500(2).gif

Mid-America Raceway slot car store
Mid-America Raceway eBay Auctions