No replies to this topic

#1 Cheater

Cheater

Headmaster of the asylum

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,545 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

On the Speedhunters website, Jonathan Moore has posted a nice article about his visit to Scalextric.

Scalextric-0001-1200x799.jpg

"A while back, I decided that I had to stop buying model cars. A friend of mine had no such control, and was ending up with a house that was made more of plastic display cases than brick. It was supposed to be my salutary lesson, but of course all it did was justify not buyingdie-casts. Slot cars? Well, they’re completely different, I self-rationalised. You can have your favourite car on the shelf, but this way you could also physically drive it as well. That’s got to be okay, right?

"So as I type this, I just have to look up to my left and a whole row of slot-car racers that line the top of the unit: Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes Le Mans cars from across the generations, Bentley, TVR, Porsche, and Ferrari GTs, old Group 5 cars, iconic sports prototypes and more; all piling up. It’s a disaster. It’s a passion. It’s just awesome fun. All this meant that my trip to Scalextric’s HQ was just as tantalising as being let into the workshops of a McLaren or a Ferrari. I’d find out how it chooses its cars, how it designs and produces them, and just why Scalextric is such an enduring, emotive brand."

Click HERE to read the rest of the story.

• subwayaz1 likes this

Gregory Wells

Never forget that first place goes to the racer with the MOST laps, not the racer with the FASTEST lap

Electric Dreams Online Shop