We may want to take another look at our Group F rules to conform to USRA requirements. We have a weight limit so cutting the pans has not been an issue.
Here are our current rules:
· Any USRA approved Group 12 chassis that is commercially available as a chassis only or in a ready-to-run form. Older out of production perimeter frame chassis may be submitted to the Race Director for consideration.
· Minimum weight of completed car will be 65 grams at all times during a race.
· Weights may extend no more than one (1) inch (25.3 mm) back from the center of the guide pivot.
· No chassis modifications except added brass or lead weight that is rigidly attached.
· Front wheels shall be visible through the body.
· Oilites only. No ball bearings. May solder or glue oilites in place.
· A motor support tube or wire may be added, not to exceed 1 ½” in total length behind the motor.
· The only bodies allowed will be the Outisight (O/S) 030 Vette, 030R Vette with rib, 052 Viper or 052R Viper with rib.
· Wing dimensions as set forth by the standard Champion #940 tech tool and as required by USRA Group 12 Wing Car rules.
· No holes may be punched or cut into body for aerodynamics.
· Front wheels must remain visible.
· Front window must remain clear.
· No heating or reforming bodies for aerodynamic purposes.
· Only JK Products Hawk 6 motor, the stock JK Hawk 6 arm and JK white plastic endbell will be allowed. No exceptions.
· The motor may not be changed during a race.
· Armatures may be balanced and commutators may be trued.
· Magnets may be zapped and glued.
· Commutators spacers may be added or removed.
· Any brushes, cups and any springs will be allowed.
· Oilites may be glued or soldered in the can.
· No ball bearings will be allowed.
GEARS and PINIONS:
· Any size 64 pitch pinion may be used.
· Angled pinions may be used.
· Any size 64 pitch gears are allowed.
· Any 3/32 SOLID steel axle is allowed.
· Spec tires must be purchased at track and will be marked. Available sizes: .765, .790, .820
· All dimensions as set forth by the standard Champion #940 tech tool.
· 1/16" minimum rear chassis clearance.
· Maximum width at rear tires 3 1/4".
· Gear shall provide clearance to ensure it will not contact any part of the track surface.
· All decisions by the Race Director are final.