4 replies to this topic

#1 Marty N

Marty N

Race Leader

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:06 AM

Six and a half years of constant site growth and a number of new friends later the site is done.

The KMR site was built with Yahoo Sitebuilder tools. The small business unit was recently acquired by Aabaco Small Buisness.

After a week plus of noncooperation to restore the KMR site following a shut down over the weekend server change via their "claiming process" and a bold request for more funding to get cooperative I've removed their ability to bill for services and shut down the site. They will claim the domain and are welcome to it.

The site will not be rebuilt with other web making tools. There will be no Facebook page nor any other social media attempt.

An email driven "KMR Short List", which is currently closed to additional membership, is the only outlet for "The Motor Room" and other KMR tech posts and project cars.

As Cheater runs a tight ship here Slotblog, it will be the only site I visit as a member.

Martin Nissen

So hard a judge they hope never to meet as themselves.

#2 smichslot

smichslot

Mid-Pack Racer

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:34 AM

What a pity.

I already miss my daily dose of tech-knowledge.

Good luck.

Steen

Steen Michaelsen

#3 Don Weaver

Don Weaver

Checkered Flag in Hand

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

I'm confused, I thought KMR had been shut down several years ago.

Don

Don Weaver

​A slot car racer who never grew up!

The supply of government exceeds demand.
L.H. Lapham

If the brain-eating amoeba invades Washington
it will starve to death...

#4 Marty N

Marty N

Race Leader

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:06 PM

I already miss my daily dose of tech-knowledge.

Thanks, Steen, and yes it is. Sorry.

I'm confused, I thought KMR had been shut down several years ago.

I can understand how you may have thought that. The site hadn't any archive ability. None I would pay $20 a page for monthly. Bracket 500's owner for some time "hosted" the KMR archives. When we parted ways the archives and the direct link to the KMR site's home page were cleared. Many people thought that connection meant it was part of the same site as it was a 'button' on the main dashboard and not on the links board.

Much like the current separation there was no chance to make than note to the readers to redirect them to the main site address although most found it here at Slotblog under my signature.

Those files were lost while being copied onto a thumb drive. Something the hosting site would not learn until after they were deleted from Bracket 500 and I tried to up load them on my system. Nothing but titles remained. I started over. Clearer?

Martin Nissen

#5 Marty N

Marty N

Race Leader

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:32 PM

Yahoo sends me a notice of termination today stating non-payment. Ya think? Gave clear directions on getting them money via a link but not a single scrap of information that would lead to face time with anyone at Yahoo. Which is has been the problem. Funny, they have my email for that but deny knowing it for tech assistance. What a way to run a company. Just say'n.

Martin Nissen

Electric Dreams Online Shop