• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:20 AM

Our season opener for 2016 is upcoming on the 17th @ Slot Car Raceway in Rohnert Park. I have had very little time on track in the last two months but got away from the snow in Tahoe for a couple of days last weekend. I got a chance to see Frank and several of the retro fans during last weekend and got in some testing on both tracks.

Both tracks had very high bite and were running fast. In fact, I got some personal best times in with several cars but had to work carefully on weight and tire selection. The bite on the King was a little over the top and several cars were fast but touchy. Stock cars wanted treated tires and even narrowed-treated. Some Can Ams were OK with untreated tires but in general, treated was the call. 

The flat track was also very good for grip but not off the hook so whatever your normal tire choice is will work fine. Frank has a lot going on the next few weeks so he'll have to prep the tracks for his enduro next weekend and for USRA races on the 16th. I expect that both tracks will have better bite situations than our last time there last year. I'll be going in with the plan to run treated on my stock car and also probably on my Can Am and probably untreated on my F-1.

I got pneumonia again this December just as I did last year but I was a lot wiser than last year so I've recovered reasonably well. I'll have no issues making the race this year and expect to be at the track on the 16th and of course the 17th. While I was home sick this year, I built a lot and have a fair bit of stuff to report on. I'll post some pics and early testing results in the Scratchbuilding forum (I hope) sometime later this week.

I hope everyone survived the Holidays well and let's start this year off with a good turn out.

• team burrito, Tim Neja, Richard Matthews and 2 others like this
Jim Fowler

#2 Dennis David

Dennis David

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,424 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:34 PM

I had hoped to be there but ironically I'll be with my wife's company ski trip.

Dennis David

#3 JimF

JimF

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,220 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:35 PM

Welllll.......dang! I was thinking this would be your Debutante event.

Jim Fowler

Electric Dreams Online Shop