2 replies to this topic

#1 rvec

rvec

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:09 PM

I arrived at Sidewinder Raceway in early Wednesday afternoon, race day. As usual I was greeted by Bill and Billy Strange. A few of my new friends were sitting at the pit tables getting their rides ready for the race and were surprised to see me again so soon. Michael Wright let me try out a number of his spare Group 5 and Group C cars and select one from each group for the race. I found that the Group 5 cars were harder to drive than the Group C cars. Group 5 cars are taller and somewhat narrower and needed to be coaxed through the corners. After an hour and an half of practice, I decided on a Capri for the Group 5 race and a Toyota 88C for the Group C race. At around seven in the evening, Billy called 18 participants together for a drivers meeting and explained the rules. The races began at 7:30. To read the entire article and view many additional images, see the link http://slotblog.net/...dewinder-21716/

Attached Images

• P1030150.JPG
  • P1030145.JPG
  • P1030128.JPG
  • P1030127.JPG
  • P1030116.JPG
  • P1030112.JPG

Rich Vecchio

#2 Mattb

Mattb

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 01:19 PM

nice
Matt Bishop

Vintage Cox Slot Cars

#3 Dennis David

Dennis David

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:15 PM

Scaleauto has a bunch of new 1/32 Grp 5 and GT3 that will work greAt on this track. Their other track is pretty fun as well. Will they keep it when they build their new track or go down to one trrack. Would love to see a 1/32 Oval there to race NASCAR. Lots of them in 1/32.

Dennis David

curb-line2.jpg

gph_sm.jpg

Electric Dreams Online Shop