1 reply to this topic

#1 Ken Bryan

Ken Bryan

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:24 AM

We had our club "planning meeting" last Saturday, with seven racers in attendance.  Lots of lively discussion.  Here is what we "decided."  I use that term loosely, since many things, as you will see, are still a work in process.

First, where will we race?

The historical tracks at Ken's and Mike's -- yes.  We would like to schedule 4 races each.

New track under construction in Palouse -- yes.  The track is in construction and they hope to be ready to host races by May.  4 lanes, 60+ feet, 4 1/4" spacing.

New track under construction for delivery to Montana -- yes.  It will be 8x16, 60+ feet, 4" spacing.  Hope to have track completed in April and delivered at least by May.

Kent's "school" track -- tentatively, yes.  Track will likely be moved from school after the school year.  Perhaps able to host races in June.

What about other venues?

SCRAM track is operating in Malaga and currently running races on the second Saturday.  I have queried Hillbilly regarding the summer schedule and asked if we could claim the "second Saturday" time slot for some or all of the summer.  He referred me to their facebook page, as others are running the program now.  I sent them a message today.

Tri-Cities might host some summer events.

So the tentative plan is this:

• We will plan 2 races each month, one on Ken/Mike tracks and one elsewhere.
  • Races will either be 2nd and 4th Saturdays or 1st and 3rd, with the understanding that our only March race will be 3rd Saturday, March 19
  • Ken/Mike races will be traditional NWRRL classes (Can Am, Stock, Coupe, Formula)
  • Other race classes will be at the discretion of the track owner.
  • Where possible, the second races will run fewer classes.  We are concerned about race length.

First race will be at Mike's track on March 19.  Hopefully at that time we will iron out more details.  With many things still undecided, here are my thoughts:

March -- Mikes

April -- Kens and Palouse if ready

May -- Mikes and Montana

June -- Kens and School track

July -- Mikes and Palouse

Aug -- Kens and Montana

Sept -- Mikes and Palouse

Oct -- Kens and Montana (with MT race needing to be early race in mo. given snow)

Nov -- Palouse, weather permitting, and an enduro at site TBD

If the other venues work well, we may scale back Mike or Ken by 1 race and insert others.

Point system to be determined, but likely best 6 or 7 out of 10 or more.

Ken

#2 Ken Bryan

Ken Bryan

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 01:28 AM

Sorry guys. I entered results of 2 races, hit "post" and discovered slot blog went down while I was typing. Went out of town Fri thru Mon and couldn't post. It is 11:25 pm and I am sitting in the Seattle airport on a second plane delay.

Results later. Schedule for remaining 7 Spokane races is May 7, June 4, June 25, July 30, Aug 27, Sept 10, Oct 1.

Alternating locations starting with my track on May 7.

Ken

Electric Dreams Online Shop