• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Dodson

Alan Dodson

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:41 PM

Can anyone tell me what the guide lead is on the Red Fox group 12 chassis? The part # is RFBSTA

#2 NY Nick

NY Nick

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:29 PM

The one I have 4465

Nick Cerulli

#3 MSwiss

MSwiss

Grand Champion Poster

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,976 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:40 PM

Hi Alan,
Nice to see your name.

Tom York was in a few Sunday's ago to run around, and we talked Great Plains stuff.
  • madjon likes this

Mike Swiss
IRRA® Components Committee Chairman
Five-time USRA National Champion (two G7, one G27, two G7 Senior)
Two-time G7 World Champion (1988, 1990)

Eight-time G7 King track single lap world record holder (pointless era - LOL)

Chicagoland Raceway
17B West Ogden Ave
Westmont, IL 60559
(708) 203-8003
mikeswiss86@hotmail.com (also my PayPal address) 
Note: Send all USPS packages and mail to: 5858 Chase Ave., Downers Grove, IL 60516. Make checks out to Chicagoland Woodworking, Inc.

#4 Rob Voska

Rob Voska

On The Lead Lap

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:10 AM

Please give us some updates on this chassis when you get it on the track.

#5 Alan Dodson

Alan Dodson

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 10:37 AM

Hi Mike, it's good to be back in the sport, and it's really good to hear some of the old names again. Brings back some good memories.

Thanks for the info Nick! I haven't purchased the Red Fox chassis yet, I needed to know the guide lead before I could make a decision. I'm also looking at the Competition Kinetics chassis. We are running a kind of Group F class but with Hawk 6 motors on a King track at Raytown International Raceway just outside of Kansas City. The track is the Nat's track from 2000 or 2002, so it's not a punch bowl. I have been running an old Slick 7 car with wire side rails with some success, but I gotta believe that there is something better out there. Nick, can you tell me how you like your Red Fox car, and if you have anything you like better?

#6 NY Nick

NY Nick

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:33 PM

I have not raced the Red Fox car yet. You could try one of the longer koford cars.

On slot a lot track they work great.

Nick Cerulli

#7 Alan Dodson

Alan Dodson

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 04:55 PM

Everybody has a Koford car, I think I want to try something different, and a shorter car gives you more body mounting options. I think ultimately a short car will be quicker, but more finicky and a little harder to drive, at least on the gutters. I like all of the Red Fox products I have tried so far, so I'm hoping this wont be any different. Gugu usually makes good stuff!

• Lee Palmer likes this

#8 Terry

Terry

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:56 PM

I would go with the Red Fox, you will like it.

Terry Watson

#9 Alan Dodson

Alan Dodson

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 03:27 PM

I did buy the Red Fox chassis today. I will put it together and give an update after i run it. Thanks for the input!  :)

#10 Alan Dodson

Alan Dodson

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 10:41 PM

I got the Red Fox car put together today. I like that they give you two sets of struts so you can set different guide leads. I don't like that the frame is not plated, and the motor brace does not work on a Hawk 6 motor which means it won't work for a Hawk 7/Falcon 7, or a ProSlot FK motor or any mini-motor. I don't have a group 12 motor, so I can't check if it will fit. I had an old brace out of a Slick 7 car that worked after some massaging. I set the guide lead at 4.455, about half way between the length that the unmodified struts will give you. I won't get to run it until the 17th, and I will give a report after that.

#11 Alan Dodson

Alan Dodson

Rookie Keyboard Racer

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:08 AM

I raced the Red Fox car Sunday and won, but it was not without some problems. As I thought, the car was very quick, but more finicky as to body and tire selection. I had a couple of deslots that were a little strange, so I have more sorting to do. I ran a motor that I thought was just average in a JK car (which is a very long car) and the motor was outstanding in the Red Fox. The Red Fox has a very wide and short center rail, fairly wide motor box legs, and the struts have long legs also. All of those feature add up to a car that was very unloaded on the straight and as a result, very fast. I ran a Camen Supro with rib cut at 28.5 x 138 and side dams trimmed about 1/8". I think this car will be very good on tracks that have a lot of bite, or in glue, but maybe not the best choice in low bite situations. I like this car a lot and when I get it fine tuned I think it will be very hard to beat.

Electric Dreams Online Shop