• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#101 JerseyJohn

JerseyJohn

Posting Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,829 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:05 PM

Personally, I really don't get the big uproar here about the bodies? I just try to support slot car racing in general.

I come from a long background of 1:1 circle track racing. So, when we were ready to go racing, we looked at the rules for where we were going and adapted the car to the tracks/series rule package. I carry the same attitude with slot cars. If I run an IRRA® event, I adapt to those rules the best I can and go racing. If I run at my local track, I adapt to Tracy's kinda weird rules and go racing! When I make it to the west coast, I will adapt to SCRRA rules and go racing!

My time is better spent preparing for the rules presented rather than trying to get some one to change the rules for me. It's really just that simple.

Andrew,

It's just that simple, I couldn't have said it better. And I believe most racers feel the same way..When things are changed or added it's always the same small group of people commenting. While i appreciate the diverse point of views it always ends up being the same individuals putting down the same individuals.

• MSwiss, Tim Neja and Tom Eatherly like this
JJ TRADE MARK BANNER copy.jpg

John Chas Molnar

"Certified Newark Wise Guy since 1984" (retired)
"Certified Tony P Chassis God since 2007"
" Internationally Know Slot Car Racing Celebrity "
https://www.facebook...nchassisworks/#
Email me

#102 Greg VanPeenen

Greg VanPeenen

Race Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:47 PM

There are nineteen Ti22s listed on the IRRA® Approved Body List. So what's the problem, people? Pick the one you think is best and race.

I hate to break it to you, but there are a few guys that will beat you no matter what you do. Just look at the race reports. There is a reason you always see the same names in the top eight. So race and have fun no matter what Main you are in. There is always a chance you will have one of those, even a blind monkey finds a banana once in a while moments, and make the top eight from the D Main.

Regards,

Greg VanPeenen 

• Mike Patterson and DOCinCocoa like this

#103 Arne Saknussem

Arne Saknussem

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

I may be going waaaay out on a limb here, but it seems to me that the guys at the front are running bodies that provide them with the best results. Same with tires, motor, gears. and chassis.  Some of the folks at the back may look at the guys in front and figure "if it works for them it'll work for me" and just drop a Parma Ti22NN on their cars.

Either way, we can say that the prevalence of a particular body is a result of testing (direct or indirect). Some of us may say that we would like to see something other than 50 Ti22s in a field of 51 entries, but das ist das.

• triggerman and Samiam like this

Pete Varlan

"A friend to many, a nightmare to many more."

#104 Tom Eatherly

Tom Eatherly

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:23 PM

I do not race IRRA events, but, I would say, the best racers are just that; the best racers, just like out here. The rest of us, put whatever body on your car and make the most laps you can.Have fun, enjoy the day. Go home, have a beer and go to work the next day. Then, think about the your next race. Pretty simple. Think I'll try a McLaren on our flattrack for the hell of it. Cheers.

• Tim Neja, miko and Samiam like this
Tom Eatherly

#105 Dennis David

Dennis David

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:42 AM

Yep and tell your wife you were right up there with the leaders ... At least for the first couple of laps but she doesn't need to know all the details.

Dennis David

curb-line2.jpg

gph_sm.jpg

Electric Dreams Online Shop