#1 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:30 AM

Fellas,

The April C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club meeting takes place this Thursday April 7th at 7:30 PM at THE RACE PLACE

in Farmingdale New Jersey.

This month we'll take a look at several more of my stalled projects...feel free to bring some of your own along !!!  :dash2:

Peter J. Linszky

C.A.R.S. Vintage Slot Car Club

#2 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:25 AM

Folks,

We had a nice group assembled for April's session of the C.A.R.S. club with several first timers on hand to join the activities. We welcomed Ralph and Mike as well as Marc to the vintage action.

Since it was "stalled project night", I'll post some pics of the cars in the limelight. Since some of mine have actually begun to ferment, they'll be first up...

The red Eagle is actually close to completion one rainy afternoon and it'll be ready to go !

The COX brass tube chassis is still awaiting a decision on body style...and lastly, the KURTIS 500 which has been waiting in limbo for so long that I've forgotten about it 'til I found it last night hanging from the joists in the cellar, much like an old bat !!!

Attached Images

• DSCN5629.JPG
  • DSCN5632.JPG
  • DSCN5633.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

#3 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:31 AM

Rodney brought along several of his own stalled projects, among them an early Corvette hardtop and a really rare AMX bodied car !

While we're on talking about Rodney's car, his Alfa Romeo continues to impress ! Some of the new attendees were holding some deep discussions about the red racer !!!  We've include a "blimp" shot of Rodney's collection as well to satisfy the car count folks.

Attached Images

• DSCN5641.JPG
  • DSCN5642.JPG
  • DSCN5638.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

#4 Pete L.

Pete L.

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,347 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 08:42 AM

Here we see some of Ralph's racers which were really nicely done and were hustling around the track PDQ, we'll try to get some in depth photos and technical data next time !

Down on the other end of the pits, we can see Steve's collection of vintage slots, some early Monogram stuff that still gets around the track at a pretty fast clip and those BIG stockers that he likes to run all the time !!!!

As can be seen, a number of the guys have seen fit to put their oldies into Ziploc bags for storage, an idea we've embraced as well ! The zips keep the cars free of dust and do indeed seem to extend the life of the tires...

Attached Images

• DSCN5637.JPG
  • DSCN5636.JPG
  • DSCN5635.JPG

Peter J. Linszky

Electric Dreams Online Shop