Photo

New Retro Hawk and Zimmerman Festival of Speed...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Warmack

Bryan Warmack

Posting Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:04 AM

We haven't heard of any of the new Hawks showing up at BPR but I did speak with Debbi today and told her to make sure that when she orders more Hawks from JK that she specifies that they send the OLD long shaft variety until we can figure out what we are going to do with the new motors.

At the upcoming "Festival of Speed" as with all the major SCRRA races, Hawks with cut shafts will NOT be allowed and this includes any new Hawks with the short shafts. The SCRRA still allows Hawks with cut shafts but this is only in the MONTHLY races to accommodate motors that were modified early on when the Hawks first came out. If the new motors prove to be identical in specs to the old except for the short shafts they will also be allowed in the monthly races. New JK owner, Tim Homola is sending me a couple to check out.

As with most of this stuff, the SCRRA just kind of plays it by ear and we'll see what happens but as of now the new Retro Hawks will NOT be legal at any major SCRRA race. 

• Tex, Howie Ursaner, Tim Neja and 3 others like this

#2 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:16 PM

Great decision Bryan---sounds like Tim at JK is already addressing this for the future. I believe he's said to be going back to the long shafts for his Retro Hawk production motors to avoid any controversy about the Hawk 7.

She's real fine, my 409!!!

#3 Mark Wampler

Mark Wampler

Grand Champion Poster

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 02:22 PM

Haven't gotten around to getting mine installed, but maybe this Thursday I'll get some laps in and see.

You can quote me.

-Mark

Electric Dreams Online Shop