2 replies to this topic

#1 Dayble

Dayble

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 11:26 PM

AZGR%20logo%202014%20copy%204_zpshanpued

The last day for filing your 2015 tax return is Monday the 18th this year and Friday was the 15th, normally the big day so this weekend was perfect for a Protest with much groaning and complaining. Sounds like a slotcar race with a bunch of old guys!

AZ%20FLAG%20Bite%20Me%20copy_zpsxvtsbjoq

OK, we got that out of the way.

The usual crew showed up to build the tent and set up all five sections of track and we were up and running in no time .

While they were working hard I played with my phone...

Pano%201%20_zpskz7bzrfk.jpg

Pano%202_zpsesuwu0ga.jpg

http://i6.photobucke...zps43vicmi0.mp4

Our first race was BRM 962

These are the original inline cars with T-027 red and white motor in full BRM trim except for Indygrip silicones

The screen doesn't look like the rest because I had to create all new races in Race Coordinator for races using all 5 sections of track. I can also use two, three or four sections.  This lets the software track each cars position better and set minimum read time and to do this I had to measure each lane of each section and now I can just plug in the numbers for whatever track configuration we want to run.

And that's where the trouble began...

Hence the first race with a blue screen.

1%20BRM%20962_zps2gmdrkvn.jpg

Slammin Steve Hill took the win with 108 followed by Rick Schonfeld at 106 and me just ahead of Anthony Peter Vespender by a few inches.

Next up were the evil Racer/ Sideways Group 5 cars.

When they're good they are good but when they are not it's ugly

2%20RacerSideways%20Gr%205_zpshus6okht.j

Rick took this one with 112 ahead of Roger Gunning 109 and Dave Duddy at 108.

The rest of us were trailing behind but Pete's car was the ugly mess I had mentioned.

To be continued...

Dave Deuble

AZGR One

I'd rather be racing!

#2 Dayble

Dayble

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:20 PM

Third race of the day was 1/24th Scaleauto GTs

3%20Scaleauto%20124%20GT_zpskszslngl.jpg

Rick led 3RD (Ed Cicoria) by a few feet with 121 and Dave Duddy took third with 119

Something new this race was lighting under the "Vortex". I found a LED RGB strip system and taped it up under and around the track for better lighting for the Marshals. When were not racing it can be set to flash, fade and change color like a Disco!

Event%20Horizon_zpswfxfiqyu.jpg

Vortex%20Hell_zpspig3ftqd.jpg

Next it was time for Sidewinders

These are mainly Slot-it or NSR cars from Lemans in the 60s and 70s but there is a lot of leeway and so there are customs like Rick's Lola T-260 on a Slot-it HSR chassis and my SRC Alfa on an Olifer 3D printed chassis.

The items that must be the same on all cars is Supertires silicones on the rear and either the Slot-it or NSR orange motors.

Rick used his super Lola (116) well against Slammin Steve (112) and Dave Duddy (109)

4%20Sidewinders_zpsth27fyzs.jpg

After that AZGR staple was probably one of our oldest and most modified classes, Fly Classics. As the name implies these are also cars from the 60s and 70s era but are typically cars from Fly, GB Track, Spirit and SRC that have taller and heavier bodies than the Slot-it/NSR cars. They are so heavily modified that we have reffered to them as the "Monsanto Mutant Fly Class".

You must run the stock body and interior, the stock chassis with some mods allowed, an 18,000rpm H&R Hawk 1 motor and Supertires rear tires.

Racing is always close but this one was ridiculous. The screen shows how they passed the dead strip but the final order on track was Roger, Steve and Dave Duddy all with 108!

5%20Fly%20Classics%20_zpsykxfhlgk.jpg

Time for lunch, more to come later.

Dave Deuble

AZGR One

I'd rather be racing!

#3 Dayble

Dayble

On The Lead Lap

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:01 PM

We switched back to 1/24th cars with BRM Classics the Porsche 917K and Ferrari 512M

Rick continued his winning ways.

Rick Schonfeld 117, Pete 116 and Dave Duddy 115

6%20BRM%20Classics_zpskh7ujciv.jpg

Roger Gunning with 124 came back with a win in H&R Sportscars taking it to Rick with 123 over Pete at 122.

7%20HampR%20Sportscars_zpstru1gbjd.jpg

Last race of the day was NSR GT3. This is a twelve race series for us and this was round four. Not only are we racing for an overall title but we are also running Makes Championships with Aston, Corvette, etc. Ed and Dave Duddy had to take off and took a drop in this one while Leland "Lee" Bumbalow left a bad day of fishing up on Roosevelt Lake to come down and join us for a run at this.

Slammin Steve Hill had another strong run with his Aston Martin with 113

Roger Gunning with a Vette 109

Rick Schonfeld with an Audi with 106

I ran a Vette with 104

Lee Bumbalow with a Vette had 103

And Anthony "Pete" Peter Vespender with an Aston ran 102.

8%20NSR%20GT3%20_zpss38cocfy.jpg

It may have been a poor day for fishing but it was another good day of racing and it was time to tear down the track and fold up the tent.

Thanks to all who came to race and those who came to visit throughout the day.

And Thanks to Nick and Sandy at Super Tires for sponsoring races and sending the cool banner.

Supertires%20Sponsorship_zpszyfzuedq.jpg

Dave Deuble

AZGR One

I'd rather be racing!

Electric Dreams Online Shop