• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan Ebert

Dan Ebert

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 09:05 AM

The final race of the OCC season is set for May 14 at North East Slot Car Raceway.

Doors will open at 8 AM on the 14.
Racing begins at 10:45.
All four classes will run  GT1 A+B divisions, LMP {Group 10} and GTP.

North East Slot Car Raceway
215 East Main Street
North East, PA 16428
(814) 725-1030

Racing will be on the 100 foot Ogilvie reverse orange, .045" braid depth with 13.8 volt power.

GallerymanDan

#2 Mad Mexican

Mad Mexican

Safer Barrier Tester!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 05:22 PM

Hola Racers,

Another Ohio Challenge Cup race season is about to end. The season finale will be held a tomorrow 5/14/16 at North East Slot Car Raceway. But I will like to retrospect for a moment. William "Bear" Overmyer brought this series out of mouth balls dusted it off ran it very well until his untimely death. Then Frank Elavsky took over the reigns and ran with it until his untimely death. Thankfully both Bear and Frank was thoughtful enough and had Cap Henry groom for the Series Director Chair and he ran with it until the REAL car rides came calling out for him to drive. When that happen the track owners took over the series and was spear headed by Brian McPherson who had ran it extremely well until he had to step down and handed over the reigns to Kevin Cosgrove he kept the ball moving until health issues made him step down. Now we have Ron Vincek leading the charge for another successful season. I guess what I would like to say to all the Series Directors over the years is BIG Thank You for keeping this series alive and kicking. Hopefully everyone who comes out to North East Slot Car Raceway will enjoy themselves and have a great competitive day! Also I would like thank all the Racers who have come out and race in the series and kept Bear and Frank's dream alive!

A sincere Thank you

Javier Sabala

Javier Zavala
In loving memory of my mother Francisca Escalante Zavala
March 24, 1927 - April 5, 2011
Vaya Con Dios

#3 Arne Saknussem

Arne Saknussem

Race Leader

• Subscriber
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:02 PM

Thanks to Lester and all the folks at NESCR.

It was well-attended, well-run, and a great time.  I hope to make a few races next season.

Cheers to all who participated.

Pete Varlan

"A friend to many, a nightmare to many more."

Electric Dreams Online Shop