• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nomad2race

nomad2race

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

I have been operating Nomad Raceways for 10 years part time while attempting for sell my other business so I can expand Nomad to full time operation. I finally got a good offer on the other business, but it includes a job offer to stay with that company and move out of state. I think I will take it, but that has me suddenly needing to sell the business I was planning to keep!

Nomad Raceways has succeeded by focusing on doing events. We do parties at our 1,800 square foot location and anywhere with our portable tracks. I do mean "anywhere," as we have produced events from coast to coast in the US and even in Copenhagen, Barcelona, Dubai, UAE, and Budapest, Hungary. Although I own a 145' Ogilvie eight-lane commercial track that I would like to set up, we currently run parties, and an active club racing program for everything from $16 1/43 cars, to 1/32 Slot.it, NSR, Scalextric, and Carrera, Carrera and Scorpius digital as well as 1/32 and 1/24 commercial cars. Womps Flexis, pretty much everything up to G12 run nicely on our tracks. Even our larger tracks are designed to be portable and have traveled cross country for corporate events, but most offsite events are handled by our easily-transported modular digital tracks, some even pack into just two cases that can be checked as baggage.  Currently I own seven tracks; six are currently operating.

This business can be operated at its present location, or it can be moved elsewhere. Many of our best customers could be services form anywhere with our portable tracks. If the business stays here in beautiful Vista, CA, you have a loyal base of club racers and hundreds of families that have been here for parties of family fun. Our customer list and inventory are well organized in Quickbook POS. If you move the business out of the area, you have a unique, proven, profitable formula and a corporate customer base to build on.  

The business could gear down to focus on the mobile events only, a pretty safe move... or do as I planned, continue to expand the mobile business and move to a nearby larger location to add tracks and more space for events. I found a super location, negotiated a great lease and planned that expansion comprehensively. The location is next door to a laser tag business that is thriving with a similar business model and they want to share marketing!

So, I am looking to pass on this opportunity that I have worked toward for 10 years. I would be glad to stay involved as a consultant to be sure new owners have a grip on every aspect of the operation. If you are burning to get into a solid slot car business with growth potential, and can make a serious offer of about $90K, lets talk. PM me or call (760) 744-7450  Jim Cunningham, NomadRaceways http://nomadraceways.com.

Jim Cunningham
Nomad Slot Racing
Fast Fun in San Diego

#2 nomad2race

nomad2race

Backmarker

• PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:15 PM

My partner Jo, has maintained Nomad Raceways as a mobile business since my move to Arkansas. My contract here has ended without much opportunity to stay, so it seems I will return to expand Nomad once again.
  • Cheater, A. J. Hoyt, Samiam and 1 other like this
Jim Cunningham
Nomad Slot Racing
Fast Fun in San Diego

#3 Eddie Fleming

Eddie Fleming

Checkered Flag in Hand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Good luck with it.

• Cheater and Taylor Davis like this
Eddie Fleming

#4 Tim Neja

Tim Neja

Grand Champion Poster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,634 posts

Posted 09 March 2018 - 04:54 PM

Go for it----there's another commercial track in SD now--- king track and flat track.  Something for everyone would be good!! 

She's real fine, my 409!!!

Electric Dreams Online Shop